American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that Felecia Barton was robbed. She was much, much better than Jasmine, Megan, Jorge, Scott, Anoop or Michael.

Jasmine shouldn't have been kicked off the 1st week, Glad Jorge was. I think Anoop was very, very lucky that he didn't get voted off.

This week IDOL fans were WRONG again. Alexis Davis didn't deserve the Bottom 3 nor going home. Allison Iraheta didn't deserve the Bottom 3 either. In fact, I thought both Alexis and Allison were in the Top 5 this week. I think Danny Gokey, Michael Sarver & Scott MacIntye should've been the Bottom 3, with Michael going home. But oh well, the karaoke singer makes it threw again.

My Rankings the 1st week (Michael Jackson Week)

(1) Adam Lambert-----BY FAR the best, awesome rocking version "Black Or White", best stage presence of anyone ever on IDOL this early in the competition.

(2) Lil Rounds-----BY FAR the 2nd Best, reminds me of Mary J. Blige, good version of "The Way You Make Me Feel"

(3) Alexis Grace-----nice, dirty on a surprising pick on "Dirty Diana"

(4) Danny Gokey-----good on "PYT"

(5) Allison Iraheta ---- very coo, Pink-ish, nice version of "Give In To Me"

(6) Matt Giraud ---- Good, cool, now sounding too, reminds me of Justin Timberlake, "Human Nature"

(7) Kris Allen----- good reminded me of John Mayer on a cool "Remember the Time"

(8) Jasmine Murray----- agree that she needs to act her age, but she was good on "I'll Be There" but did seem old-timey

(9) Michael Sarver ---- shockingly much better than expected, I could seem as a country singer, "You Are Not Alone"

BOTTOM 3

(10) Scott MacIntyre-----one of my former faves, boring, boring bland with a song I've and probably almost noone ever heard of, Simon was right!

(10) Megan Joy ---- stupidly picks the worse MJ song of all time "Rockin Robin", her pitiful song choices deserve this spot

(12) Anoop DeSai-----horrible, very karaoke, Paula was right about noone should touch MJ's "Beat It"

THIS WEEK's GRAND OLE OPRY WEEK

(1) ADAM LAMBERT------Awesome rendition of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire", very now, cool, different.

(2) ANOOP DESAI-----complete opposite of last week, this is the Anoop I really liked at the begining, his "Always On My Mind"(Willie Nelson, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash) could be a hit today.

(3) MATT GIRAUD ---- his "So Small" (Carrie Underwood) sounded like it could be a pop/ hot ac hit.

(4) 3 way today....... KRIS ALLEN ---- awesome "To Make You Feel My Love"(Garth Brooks), this is the 1st Bob Dylan song to be sung on IDOL

ALLISON IRAHETA ---- reminded me of Tanya Tucker on Patty Loveless's "Blame It on Your Heart"

ALEXIS GRACE ----- I thought her "Jolene" (Dolly Parton) was good, definitely not copycat as Simon said?!?

(7) Megan Joy------Changed name by dropping her last name Corkerey----Good decision, sick with the flu----but her best performance in quite a while. Nice, now, cool version of Patsy Cline's "Walkin After Midnight"

(8) Lil Rounds---- disappointed by her. didn't do justice to Martina McBide's awesome hit "Independence Day", not enough feeling, passion in the song, song not right for her.

BOTTOM 3

(9) Danny Gokey---disappointed by his performance, very karaoke, very amature-sounding, reminded me of some amature church performance, I don't think Carrie Underwood would buy his version of her hit "Jesus Take The Wheel" (as Paula said she would, lmfao!!)

(10) Scott MacIntyre-----same boring performance, same tune, enough said. "Wild Angels"(Martina McBride)

(11) Michael Sarver---horrible, karaoke, copy-cat of Garth's "Ain't Goin Down Til the Sun Comes Up"

• Members

Damm I really do have to remember to watch the replays on Saturday, since I am unable to watch during the week.

We get AI only a few hours after it is aired in the US.

My cable channel gives me 4 chances to watch each show or at least tape them.

Will have to set the reminder on Sat to remind me to watch.

To explain.

AI is on Fox8 here in Aust on Wed nights and repeated 2 hours later on Fox8 +2, but the first one finishes a little to late for me at the moment. The results show is the following night, but it is up against Ghost Whisperer.

Both the singing and results show are repeated on a Sat afternoon and that is the one I forget to switch over for, by the time I rembember I can go to FOX8 +2 but I get the end of the results show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

:rockon: 1) ADAM LAMBERT (10 out of 10)------another awesome performance. Much ahead of the rest in stage presence and talent. His "Mad World" was much, much better than the highly over-rated Tears for Fears.

2) MATT GIRAUD (9 1/2)--- I thought his "Part-time Lover" was his best performance yet. I don't understand why more people don't like him and I hope DialIdol is wrong about his low vote count.

3) DANNY GOKEY (9 1/4)---- his "Stand By Me" was very good, I thought.

4) ALLISON IRAHETA (8 1/2)----- I agree with the judges critiques that she needs to show more of her personality (and imho she did make "I Can't Make You Love Me" her own).

4) ANOOP DESAI (8 1/2)------I thought his "True Colors" was pretty good, Much better than last week

Bottom 3................

6) LIL ROUNDS (7) ----- This woman has really, really disappointed me week after week. Simon's critique was dead on.

(7) KRIS ALLEN (6) I really like Kris but his "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" really sucked, karoake sounding, too damned fast. I hope to God that Kris isn't going home tonight as Dial Idol predicts. If so, I hope (and think) that the judges may save him.

and go home SCOTT MacINTYRE ( (8), (2 out of 10)

I'm sick to death of all the sympathy for the blind guy. Same ol', same '. He was some better tonight, in parts, but in parts he horribly sucked,

• Members

As of last night......Kris, Scott and Anoop were in the bottom 3 with Kris leaving. I cant stand Anoop. I cant believe he is still on the show. Scott is getting the sympathy vote. He is just an ok singer. He was pretty bad last. I do like the guy though. Kris sucked last night but he could be saved.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

A lot were pulling for Kris. It is an upset. I liked both actually and didnt vote at the end. Adam has a bigger voice range but his screeching really started to annoy me the last couple of weeks. He didn't need to screech it so much. Kris looks more like an American Idol. I was at other boards and posters were saying that the first gay/bisexual Idol winner would be crowned...ie...Adam. I have a feeling that plus the excessive screeching hurt him. I still love Adam. I will probably pick up both CDs when they come out.

Congrats to Kris....he looked totally shocked and so was the crowd.

• Members

Adam is an amazing singer. When he starts yelling, OMFG, he should just shut up. lol That yelling of his drives me crazy. I'm happy Kris won. Obviously the winner should have been Adam because he dominated the competition with his excellence. Back to Kris, I just knew he would be the winner. My instinct feeling is always correct.

I've temporarily added spoiler tags to your post because we don't want to spoil our west coast friends. ;)

• Members

I'm am pissed and done with IDOL. I like Kris but love Adam and he should've won. He outperformed everyone and outsung everyone on IDOL this season and most of the contestants in previous years. Adam Lambert will go down as one the best male performers/singers ever on IDOL with Chris Daughtry and David Cook. Adam, Daughtry and David Cook, Jennifer Hudson & Kelly Clarkson are the most talented of the IDOL contestants ever. I'm done. The religious right/Republicans and homophobes are a huge reason, and probably main reason that Kris Allen won. Those groups were blogging and other trying to get people to vote for Kris. It's a shame. IDOL was one of my fave shows, but this is such a huge letdown. I am so disappointed.

• Members

Oh there is a lot of that going on at other boards. I think they just didnt see him as the next American Idol because of his look. He did have the biggest and best voice but his screeching..wish he would have toned it down. But like I said I like Kris too. Both will get recording contracts and I have feeling Adam will be a big success even though he didnt win Idol. I think Kris will do great too.

• Members

Adam was SOOOO overrated. If you listen to just his voice and not watch his peformance you would think it was a joke. Every week when the radio station I listen to played the night before performances, I would think this is awful and then they say it the God of Idol Adam Lambert, I was like WTF.

• Members

He has a good voice but his yelling/screeching hurt him IMO. He has a strong enough voice where he didnt have to do it. Kris was in total shock. I am happy for him but feel sad for Adam. I just hope they both have successful careers. As one person put it...Kris is more pop oriented and Adam a theatrical singer.

Archived