American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just bought Adam Lambert's..No Boundaries on ITunes. I think it sounds better than he live performance. I also picked up Kris version but I think Adam's is better. I picked up other gems too...lol

Btw...Adam is beating Kris in album sales on ITunes. But Kris has more sales in singles.

• Members

I dont understand why people get all up in arms if someone doesnt win American Idol. As proven over the psat 8 or so years winning the show does NOT equal success. There have been many "losers" who go on to have amazing careers. If this Adam Lambert guy has the talent and the star quality then he will be fine in spite of not winning the show. I think people need to just relax and not take this so to heart

• Members

Word. People are taking this entirely too personally.

IMO, Adam is an amazing performer, but when you buy CDs and listen to the radio, you are not watching a performance, you're listening to one, and his studio versions were all mediocre at best. Kris's studio versions were much better than his performances, and again IMO, in a singing competition, that's what matters most.

And plus, I can't stand Adam's voice. There's always this element of slime in there...like he's ready to launch into screech mode at any second. He ruined If I Can't Have You with that [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Adam does NOT screech. He sings rock n roll, hard rock, metal. The rebel yell if you will. NOT screeching. Adam is probably better off not winning IDOL, so he can have a truly rock album. Chris Daughtry was better off not winning it, and Adam likely will be too. I am just glad Danny Gokey didn't win. From what I've read on the net and seen, he's an arrogant son of a bitch and is a bigot too.

Adam's studio versions were NOT mediocre. Everyone I've heard is awesome.

• Members

He does screech. ;) But on his studio singles on Itunes he doesnt. Go get an Ipod and buy his singles on Itunes..David. :D;) He sounds better in the studio than live. His voice is more toned down.

Oh and I couldn't stand Danny Gokey that's why I voted for Kris in the semifinals. I've always like Kris anyways.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived