American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mike is so smarmy, and I wish he would take that guitar away, it just looks bizarre strapped to his big chest. Then they had all those closups of him rolling his tongue around -- what was that?

Dull night, but Crystal was moving. She seems to really feel and live this experience.

• Members

Damn, I had completed a hole bunch of thoughts about tonight's IDOL but acidentally hit Backspace and lost it,

Oh well, anyhow, here's my rankings

(1) Crystal Bowersox ----maybe this will stop the critics calling her over-rated. She's freaking awesome

(2) Lee DeWyze

(3) Siobhan Magnus -- much, much better this week

(4) Casey James --- disappointed in song choice (one of my fave songs "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac, is so recognize as a FM song that I think he was stupid for picking it, even though he sung it good)

(4) Aaron Kelly --- better than expected with R. Kelly's I Believe I Can Fly, I think he'd do better in country music

Bottom 2

(6) Tim Urban --- smiley face handsome dude may go home this week, due to his unemotional performance

(7) Big Mike Lynche--- Hopefully this smary, cocky prick, will go home. I love "Hero" by Chad Kroeger and the lead vocalist of Saliva, but he ruined it as expected, Loved that Kara called him on it. GO HOME!! He is this season's HIGHLY OVER-RATED one!

• Members

Crystal was the best one, with lee on a second place. I hope these two are in the final.

The rest pretty much sucked, expecially Siobhan and Aaron. Casey was just boring withthe same stuff he always brings us, I guess we could say the same for Aaron.

• Members
If they raised some money, then do we really care if the show was good or not? But yeah, many of the performances was really bad... like The Black Eyed Pies. Yuck! I didn't mind watching the video clips though. Sometimes people need to see how horrible the world is to get up from their couches and do something about it.

Wow, Shania Twain huh? I can't even name three of her songs. Weird. But then again I'm not a fan...

Even a Spice Girl week with Victoria as a mentor would've been better. lol

I wish Aaron or Siobhan would've gone home. They were by far the worst of them all.

• Members

I sure wish Big Mike would've went home last week, but not in the Bottom 3!!??! Cmon America get rid of this idioit!

Spice Girl week, you've gotta be freaking kidding me??!! The Spice Girls cannot hold a candle to Shania, Shania is awesome, the best selling female artist of all time!

The Black Eyed Peas are awesome, they, along with Wanda Sykes, Annie Lennox, Carrie Underwood & Elton John were the only bright spots,

this year's IDOL GIVES BACK surprisingly was not very good at all, and boring at times. More big stars should've been on the show and more former Idols.

• Members

Shania Twain week was pretty damned good. I love Shania, but I wasn't sure if Shania week would be that good though, but I was wrong (for the most part). Shania is still pretty too, I wish she was gonna sing tomorrow night though. (Dang it!)

My Rankings..

(1) Lee DeWyze --- I loved his rocker ballad take on Shania's #1 smash "You're Still the One", for the first time in quite some time, Lee's the best by himself tonight!

(2) Crystal Bowersox ---- Uber-talented and great as usual, but I agree with Randy, Kara & Ellen, that it however wasn't her best, I think she should've pepped up "No One Needs to Know" a little more

(3) Aaron Kelly ---- agree with Simon, this is the best we've seen Aaron in quite some time, and with Randy, that he's the country artist this year. Good pick for him "You've Got a Way" and changing it up to a love song for his mother was a great move for him.

(4)Casey James ---- first I didn't like it, but it grew on me, I don't think it was his best as most of the judges stated, but "Don't" was ok, after listening to it the 2nd time.

BOTTOM 2

(5) Big Mike Lynche ---- one of the best performances by him ever on the show, he picked the right song for him "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing", and I've been thinking for quite sometime that he does sound similiar to Luther Vandross, however nowhere as talented

and going home imho

(6) Siobhan Magnus ---- I don't get the judges(Randy, Ellen & Kara) going crazy over this performance, I found it karaoke, with only the very last the best in a way, and in a way the worst. I'm done with Siobhan, get her screaming butt off the show! (But if It's Big Mike, I'll probably be even happier, lol)

• Members
Yeah, I was kidding. It was a joke. I just said it because Victoria was on the show you know. Wasn't being serious.

The Shania-week was pretty good to be honest. Apart from Uscher who Shania seemed very genuine, just like Alicia Keys.

Lee, Casey and Aaron (<< surprising) was the best this week. imo

And YAAAAAAAY, Siobhan went home!! Can't belive she did that aweful screaming thingy again.

Archived