AMC: Friday, January 2, 2009

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if this is true. While I don't deny the show is trying to pull a "Benjamin Button" with Erica Kane, I really believe, Agnes Nixon came up with a groundbreaking storyline which was even more intriguing given the fact that the lesbian daughter was that of daytime's ultimate femme fatale.

• Members

Whenever I'm doing something sneaky from now on I'm gonna pretend I'm just a bit crazy and am counting air molecules! :rolleyes: I'm sorry. It's the kinda thing too that a good actor could pull off--could make amusing, or seem really crazy, but with Aiden it just seems like some hysterical acting excercise gone wrong.

I find the doctor intriguing--I don't want her fan on here to think I was dissing her and Passions with my comment, I just find the way Oak Haven is portrayed this time as lazy--it's the first big complaint I've had with Pratt. Doors remaining open, crazy patients being allowed to hang out in the halls, the doctor always leaving just when a patient needs her, etc.

Sinclair I don't think it's even remotely true that Bianca was made a lesbian so that Erica could remain grandmother free-- Agnes Nixon had been trying to get a *core* gay character on her show for ages. Michael Malone talked about how it was him talking with Agnes that came up with the idea in 1992 of making Joey Buchanen on One Life to Live a homosexual but TPTB wouldn't allow that and they had to compromise for a new, non connected character being gay. But Agnes kept with the idea--really having the daughter of Erica Kane be gay was such a *great* idea on many levels--one being simply that the character could never be, even if she was written off by a scared network, truly forgotten. If Erica had had a son instead of a daughter, you can bet he woulda been gay instead I think.

• Members

Isn't it great?! :wub:

Meh, I didn't find it all that groundbreaking. Considering the fact that there was very little reality to the storyline. Bianca turned into the only homosexual in town, saintly, celibate and loved by everyone around her. It just wasn't real. It wasn't telling the truth of how it is when you actually do come out. Not only to your family, but your friends and your community.

I can see how you'd believe that.

• Members

haha thanks :P

Th Bianca storyline was revolutuonary--tying her to an established figure.

When Agnes first had black characters with dimensionality do you think there were ANY other blacks in the city? Did they seem like saints? yep. Same as with Binks. Was it not groundbreaking? Of course it was Bianca wasn't loved by everyone--it wasn't only Erica who had issues with her being gay. I really think it showed Agnes Nixon back as HW that whole fall--not just with the Bianca story but stories liek Marian wanting to have tea with the Queen, all that was awesome character stuff the show had lacked.

• Members

your not the first one to say this. This is a longtime rumor going back almost a decade. It was originally thought that Susan Lucic had it in her contract that Erica could never be a grandmother. LOL..that was proven false once her onscreen children started popping out babies

Archived