The Suds Report: Dec. 29, 2008

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why would they want it? Unless they are going to hire Deidre Hall back.

I think it's more exaggerating on the report itself. Seriously, his assessment that GL is not the worst soap on air anymore is ridiculous. Has he even seen GL lately? The show sucks balls.

• Members

Um. ABC OWNS AMC. If they wanted to cancel it tomorrow, they can. There's nothing to "pick up" or not "pick up."

Perhaps it's just Nelson's wording, but it's kind of making me doubt this. Not to mention why Fronsy would hire his pal Chuck Pratt to helm AMC id they were just gonna cancel it.

• Members

Yeah, I do to question the validity. I mean it wouldn't be surprising considering daytime's climate..... but why did they hire Pratt, go to the trouble of doing the tornado.... I don't know just doesn't make much sense. However this is ABC Daytime we are talking about....

I just can't even entertain the possibility..... as far as the show has sunk from its golden years I'd be lost without it.... :(

• Members

I think he's exaggerating too. I don't disagree that All My Children is operating on life support; but I don't think it was thisclose to cancellation. AMC had their Christmas party at Prohibition in Manhattan. That ain't cheap. Usually companies that are trying to save money forgo these sort of shindigs. But then again, looking at those pics of Ricky Paul Goldin bowing down to Susan Lucci makes me think he was doing that to thank her for taking a pay cut so that he could still have a job. :lol:

Archived