GL: Actor OUT!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The way the article reads it seems Bonnie Dennison and Caitlin Van Zandt are staying? If that's true, I'm kinda glad to hear it - I think Daisy and Ashlee are good characters who (like Coop) just didn't get any good storylines yet. As for Rafe and Grady? Let's just hope they're on their way out and replaced with someone who'd be a better fit for Ashlee or Daisy (what about Coops brother, Rocky? - at least keep the Cooper Clan from dwindling any further...)

• Members

I think I read they're killing him off which is hella unfortunate because he can half-ass act and he's part of a big family on the show... he's Buzz's son... if this means good material for Deas though I guess we can ship his brother back to take his place :P Maybe he's gonna go incognito to bring a very much alive Jenna back?? ;)

• Members

I hope that the rumor is true about him coming to AMC as a recast for Sean Montogmery. I love John, and would really like to have him over at AMC as Sean, it would be nice if the show had another Montogmery around.

• Members

I love JD, but I just can't see him as Sean Montgomery. He just seems too old to me, which is weird because Brent Weber is actually nearly a year older than him. I think maybe it's because Coop is closer to JD's actual age, and so I'm used to him being written as closer to his age, whereas with Sean on AMC, he was written as a teenager. Eh, I don't know.

• Members

I read that if he comes to Pine Valley he would be paired with Natalia. So hopefully if he is casted as Sean, we won't have to see him with Colby. I think that Brianne might continue to stay around for Colby as a while, even though I prefer the role to be recasted again. I don't like the new Colby, I think that she is boring and annoying. I don't think that she has chemistry with anyone except Brot, who I thought she had some chemistry with.

• Members

I loved JD as Coop, and I thought that Coop was a pretty mature character. Natalia is 19 and Colby is going to turn 19 her next birthday. I remember that Sean was a little older than Colby was. I think that Sean is supposed to be about 20 right now. Maybe they could have him come back sorased by a few years and make him in his early or mid twenties? They could have Natalia turn 20 and they could still work as a couple.

• Members

I've been bracing myself for this news since the story first was leaked to Daytime Confidential, and now I am hoping that at least the character won't be killed off.

There are some shows that can afford to kill off popular characters with a good story, but GL is not one of them. GL's ratings are too tenuous to risk alienating a fanbase. Killing off Tammy seems to me to have marked a permanent slide in GL's ratings, and I hope they will learn from that not to kill off Coop.

Coop/Beth has been a compelling coupling and story lately, wonderfully portrayed by the actors involved (not only the pair but also Justin Deas), and I look forward to the remaining weeks of John Driscoll on GL.

Archived