OLTL SOD Spoilers

• Members

Cast Changes

KDLR (Antonio) has one foot out the door. The actor was still in negotiations at press time, but has expressed an interest in leaving and could be out as soon as January. In October the actor told SOD "I don't see myself doing anything else. And I hope I can continue to act as Antonio. Who knows where my future is going to take me?" Fans are already buzzing that BethAnn Bonner (Talia) could be out as well. A show rep had no comment.

Marty Takes The Stand

In a week of twists and turns, Marty goes up against Todd in court, but her testimony ends up helping him. HBS (Nora) says "This is going back 16 years; it's really good history. The beauty of soaps is that they have all this history; it's really good to mine it." At the start of the week, Tea not only manages to sway Todd into fighting the charges of kidnapping, unlawful restraint and rape, she gets a preliminary hearing scheduled right away. At the hearing, Todd's persuasive lawyer lobbies to put Marty on the stand. FL (Tea) says "I think the power Tea has in this circumstance is that she's been there. She's been where Marty's been; she's wanted Todd to make love to her. She's wanted him so, so, badly. So when she approaches Marty, it's almost from a place of sisterhood, like, 'I get it. You can confess to me. I've been there.'" As a result, Marty cracks under the pressure. KA (Starr) recaps, "She begins to tell them about her relationship with Todd, what happend, what he had told her, how he raped her and everything. The more and more she talks about it, the harder Tea interrogates her, and Marty begins to realize that it really wasn't rape, that she was fully aware of what was going on and she really does love Todd." This revalation sends the courtroom into a frenzy, and when the judge throws out the rape charge, Starr and Cole are livid. KA says "It's really hard for Cole and Starr to be in the room, first of all, because that's his mother and that's her father, who supposedly committed the rape... again. I think Starr's really embarrased and Cole's just furious that this would happen. They think the rape charge is absolutely necessary because Todd has been horrible, especially when they know that he held Marty there and didn't tell her the whole truth. Because she was blind to everything, they definetely believe that he deserves to be convicted." Todd may no longer be accused of rape, but with two charges remaining, Starr looks forward to her chance to take the stand.

Coming:

Tari Signor (Margaret Cochran): Makes a nightmareish appearence on the 18th.

Tuc Watkins (David Vickers): David returns to town a changed man on the 26th.

Status Change:

Justin Paul Kahn (Wes Granger): Brody's pal has signed on for a longer stay.

VCR Alerts:

On Monday, December 22, Rex comes clean with Gigi about his financial troubles. Jared asks Clint a very important question about his future on December 23.

Sneak Peek

Kassie DePaiva (Blair) catches up with SOD in the next issue, after earning her verteran wings this month for being on the show for 15 years. For the majority of that time, Blair's been embroiled in the push-pull between Todd and Blair, but KDP is nearly certain that she's witnessed the "death of Todd and Blair." KDP says "They'll always be a happenin' item based on their children and history. But it doesn't have to be romantic. I'm thrilled with John and Blair. I'm thrilled with the way the writing has been and I'm thrilled with the fan response." And contrary to some online rumors, she insists she did not push the love story on her higher-ups. So what precise moment killed the popular, yet tortured, Todd and Blair? KDP reveals her answer next issue.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I said in the Discuss the Soaps thread, these spoilers re: Marty and the stand are disgusting. The story post-Marty's rescue was going so well, too. It amazes me that the show can be so solid otherwise and then veer into these horrific areas that are unbelievably repulsive. It's very difficult for me to separate the otherwise good show from that work. However well-crafted the scenes are, their purpose is disgusting.

It does seem very soon for a big culmination like this, and too quick, which offers me a shred of hope that eventually Tea's bullshit defense will be thrown back in her face and refuted. But right now I'm just disgusted. I don't know how the writer that can write all the other stuff RC's written - including these past several weeks - can write this as well.

• Members

I am sorry guys but I am loving all of this.

It is very compelling for me to watch Marty sift through all of this- her soul searching- this is pretty complex and heightened drama. Starr's reaction to her father's past and present- Cole's reaction to what Todd as done in the past and now- The Tea element.

No, this isn't simple soap crap. Its not B&B with one cliche after another with terrible performances. Its not GH with all this constant mog garbage.

No other show is like OLTL right now in terms of the psychological drama and I am grateful that they are mining some pretty disturbing depths.

One thing I have noticed is that Susan Haskell is not everyone's cup of tea. And if you don't like her style of acting, the character, ect, this story is NOT going to work.

However, I have always liked Marty and I think Susan Haskell pulled off some damn fine performances in the last month and I stand by that the emmy is hers. Not Judith Chapman's!

Its not for everyone I guess.

One thing I am VERY unsure about is that Marty "realizes that Todd DIDN'T RAPE HER AGAIN??"

OH YES HE DID!!!

I am not offended or disgusted but I strongly disagree and I am very curious how this plays out and why the F-CK Marty would think that.

• Members

I doubt it...People move on and forget...Right now, there's nothing happening on the soaps and soon the economy and those hired and fired will taken front and center. If it goes down in history, it's because it was attached to a the original Todd and Marty drama.

• Members

It's ALLLLL about semantics with this story. I read the original write-up about six times, and I realize the subtext they're going for with this scene, and don't disagree with the inner conflict Marty is going through.

HOWEVER, using sentences like "Marty begins to realize it really wasn't rape" immediately pushes a button in people.

There were a hundred better (and more psychologically accurate) ways to explain what the character of Marty experiences during the cross-examination, but unfortunately, those words so lazily thrown into the middle of the article are just too strong and declarative to get people who are already against this story on board.

• Members

Wouldn't it be quicker and easier for Carlivati to simply send every woman in America a postcard that says "Screw all you pathetic, little sluts! Rape isn't a crime, it's foreplay. And you all really want it anyway, don't ya?!"? I mean, he obviously thinks that women who are abused, kidnapped, beaten, raped, and brainwashed ask for it and even if they don't, enjoy it anyway and fall in love with their abuser and that's just swell. So, why beat around the bush?

How any woman can watch a female character, who was beaten and tortured by the man she defending, rip the man's rape victim to shreds just to defend the psychotic beast who abused both of them so he can get away with yet another heinous crime against womanhood. Todd should be castrated, killed, and his ashes exorcised. Nothing less could EVER get me to tune back into this pitiful misogynists' wet-dream. Forget cancellation, at this point OLTL and GH should be pulled off the air by the FCC for advocating hate speech and crimes against women over the public airwaves.

• Members

It's not all about semantics. SOD can be held responsible for the words used in this article but Ron, Valentini, Frons, Sweeney and the network are responsible for what they are putting on screen. Acting like it would be less offensive if they just described it differently is disingenuous and insulting especially if the scenes haven't aired. You came to your conclusions. Everyone else deserves the right to come to theirs. And those in power will be judged accordingly.

Archived