The Politics Thread

• Members

My goodness. This state is so damn backwards. We are now hearing about a rumor that the city and state may go ahead and introduce a 1 cent sales tax to help either build or refurbish a new football stadium. There is nothing wrong at all with the building the Rams play in now. many of us wish we had a stadium like Arrowhead here. But, that once again proves how backwards Jeff. City is.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well, we see that completely differently. I though an affair was an affair. But you seem to think that if a Republican has an affair, well that was just one of those silly little things. You know, Ike just went on a crazy old lark that shouldn't even been brought up. But now Kennedy? What a scumbag for cheating on his wife. I also didn't realize posting a link to a article about a possible affair is attacking him, when you called Kennedy a scumbag. Now whose attacking who? I never said one word against Ike.

And you wonder why I decided to calm down talking politics with you, Max. LOL.

Edited by Roman

• Members

I don't get any JFK worship. This isn't 1982, it's 2012 - the Kennedys are long gone from politics and JFK's influence on our national politics is nonexistent.

People remember the idea of JFK, not who he was. It's similar to Reagan. Do you think any of Reagan's actual policies or views are important to today's GOP?

• Members

And you know, over here they bitch and moan about Arrowhead, because it was built in 1972. SO FREAKIN WHAT. they act like ti's not big enough... it IS for Kansas city, not for Dallas... but it's fine for Kansas city. And every team that comes to Arrowhead LOVES the facility and can't say enough good things about it and the way it's laid out. There are just a certain segment of society in any city that's never satisfied, and always wants some new toy to play with. Your stadium was built in 1995!!! Now they say it's outdated? and want to take taxpayer money for a new one? Let the damn team go somewhere else, I say.

• Members

JFK's or any other politicians personal affairs are of no concern of mine and honestly, I don't feel like it's really anything to really worry about. For me, I'm much more concerned about the policy of a President. Reagan gets elevated and he contributed to political discourse being lowered, wanted to do nothing about apartheid and may have sabotaged hostage talks to benefit his own election. That comes far more unsettling than any personal affairs.

• Members

Carl, it's definately true that the intensity of the JFK worship has gone down over time (and I expect the same thing to happen to Reagan twenty years from now as well), as fewer and fewer people remain that were alive during his presidency. (I really appreciate you sharing that article, because I can't recall a liberal ever trashing JFK before.) Still, you have folks writing "inspiring" biographies of JFK, such as Chris Matthews. And I have seen recent public opinion polls rank JFK, Reagan, and Clinton among our greatest presidents, right in the same league with Washington, Lincoln, and FDR.

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I believe that having one or two affairs is not as bad as having dozens of them. And Roman, I never said that Ike's affair "was just one of those silly little things" and that his affair shouldn't be brought up because he was a "crazy old lark." (So please don't put words in my mouth.) It's really funny that you suggest that I am childish when you are hardly a paragon of maturity yourself.

Edited by Max

• Members

I never said you were childish, and this comment is why I wioll now go back to not speaking to you about politics. You take this stuff way too seriously and the personal attacks that you seem to like are not what anyone else is doing. So, enjoy watching the GOP crash and burn this year. I know I am. :)

• Members

I've always maintained that Obama would win against Romney. But, you should be careful what you wish for, because Chris Christie--a man even I despise and who liberals will find far worse than Romney--is going to win in 2016 once Barry gets his additional four years.

Rpman, if you read my words carefully, you will note that I "suggested" that you thought I was childish (as opposed to you actually stating I was childish). To prove my point, I bring up this following remark that you made on November 4, 2011:

Believe me, I would be thrilled if you never discussed politics with me again.

Edited by Max

• Members

This will never happen, since Christie is so gung-ho for Romney. He endorsed Willard--instead of Huntsman--because he wanted to do all he could to ensure that the GOP would nominate somebody unelectable (so he can be there to pick up the piece up the pieces in 2016). And since the GOP establishment does everything Christie tells them to do, they then put all their eggs in the Romney basket.

• Members

A friend of mine just told me that someone at this CPAC conference said they wished Rahel M. Had never been born. I mean, I even have to laugh at the stuff coming out of these peoples' mouths. How they think that party will win a GE is truly beyond me. I don't see the Senate changing, but if Dems do the right things they can take back the House.