The Politics Thread

• Members

True, but sadly, midterm election numbers tend to dip among almost all groups, with except of senior citizens.  If they would make Election Day a holiday, perhaps they would have larger numbers showing up more consistently. There are people whose polling places are too far removed from them and there are people who must be at work before polls open and cannot get time away to go vote. If the polls are still open after work, the prospect of waiting on a long line may not appeal to someone who is already tired from a 10 hour shift.

Despite the attention to early voting states, most places only have one designated day to vote and it is on a weekday.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for this. what a cretin. none of them can face people whose lives they have affected...but sure can sit around with the boys and LOL at all the money they're getting back on the backs of those they screwed.....many of which voted for them. 

• Members

It IS funny.  But I think that's just another lie they tell themselves in order to hide why they REALLY voted for him.

In the past week or so, I've read more than one opinion columnist who believes Barack Obama did more for the brand of Barack Obama than he did for the Democratic party, particularly when it came to down-ballot races.

I wish there were a way people could vote from their desktop, laptops and mobile devices.

• Members

Thats not true at all..some hotel jobs here pay 12.50 to 13 dollars an hour. Why companies keep hiring workers from India is to pay them the lowest wage possible and save money on labor? American payrate is much higher. Just as companies that have hired illegials to save money on labor because legal workers they would have to up the pay. I actually went to a motel where it owned by indians recently and it was horrible. The lady was screaming her head off terrible customer service and just rude. 

• Members

Hollywood did Hilary zero favors. People are sick of celebs and their elitism crap. Hilary was a horrible candiate. Had she been prexy we would have had raised taxes and more people on welfare lol. Not to mention all the syrian refugees she planned to bring. Bernie was the only good candiate.

• Members

I have him on Ignore so I don't have to see his posts when you all constantly take the bait. He wins every time you acknowledge him, no matter how good you think it will make you feel. He's beating you every time. Ignore him.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I don't know where you are looking but the average salary for  a front desk clerk nowdays is around $18,000 - yr. I don't find that in any way a real living wage and I would assume in areas where the COL is low, that salary is actually lower as that is an average. Ask your president elect why he insists on using H1B Visa's to bring in non American workers and has no issue paying them low wages. It's the question of the real greedy elistist's, you know the ones who cheat people and have no issue putting people in poverty or screwing them to get one more penny to answer to, not any of us.

And seriously give it up on the Hillary stuff. You sound like every other Trump or Sanders supporter in every other venue/forum who can't come up with anything that makes them stand out other than saying how bad and awful she is. She lost and is likely out of politics. You have to come up with a new scapegoat. And now you goto my ignore list.

Lee Greenwood sihging yet again "God Bless the USA", as he's done for last 4 GOP country destroying presidents(minus GHWB I guess).

So there has been roughly 200 bus permits applied for, for the Trump inauguration, 1300 for the women's march the following day. And for anyone keeping track, Obama's first inauguration - 3,000 bus permits were applied for. Yeah we elitists all take buses wherever we go.

Edited by JaneAusten