The Politics Thread

• Members

That's for sure and not just in Europe. It's pretty shocking watching synagogues being splatter with blood and windows being broken. This time it's justified though. 

Please register in order to view this content

Can Le Pen really win? I know we are way past the point of anything being shocking and have been since November 2016. But damn.

I'm praying that Social Security is still the third rail.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well, it seems like this once wonderful experiment is about to meet a fatal demise. 

Y'all, please go and vote for democracy this November. Register people to vote. 

We are truly in scary times. 

And when Biden and the Democrats win "bigly" (Trump terms) in November (I am speaking it into existence), I hope they pass so much legislature to prevent this sh*t from ever happening again. Starting with term limits on the Supreme Court or even expanding it. Democrats need to start playing dirty. 

• Members

I am hoping voters understand what this means.  I mean I trust people of color to get it but many white voters really think the United States is so special that nothing will ever happen when it has happened for centuries. Of course while the Chevron decision is obscure just based on the name, the fact that SCOTUS has now made the President a King and is untouchable should resonate. That's how it needs to be said too. And that's what it is.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Yeah, this is not good. It's pretty clear at this point that our democracy is literally hanging on by a thread and there isn't much that we can do other than vote. And even I'm not sure if that's going to be enough. I have this horrible sinking feeling that this is basically a repeat of 2016 and it's only a matter of time before Trump gets re-elected. And if and when that happens, we need to have a back-up plan of what we're going to do after that.

I know a lot of people online are vowing to fight the fascist regime no matter what but I think they're crazy and they need to realize that this isn't exactly like the movies. For God's sake, this is real life, not Red Dawn. We need to come up with a system or network to get the most vulnerable and at risk citizens out of this country as soon as they can and get them to a country that will accept them. Because if you're determined to fight on to the bitter end, I hope you realize that there is a good possibility that you're going to die in the process. And if you stay in this country, there is a very good chance that you're going to die a horrible, miserable, cruel death, get shipped off to a death camp or get even deported. And I don't know what's worse. 

At this point, I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the very worst.