Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, I think you nailed it. Deep down Biden feels he isn't enough and so he tries to validate himself with these ridiculous lies. It's a shame because he is obviously loved among the base. The nomination is/was his to lose.  I guess SC and Super Tuesday will clarify where things stand.

• Members

I  don't think they'd let Trump pick Ivanka. Nikki would have a good chance though. I agree that Pence could easily beat Bernie - he has fervent support from the evangelical voters who show up in droves, and he's a blank enough slate for many on the right and in the middle to support. The media also likes him, because of their daddy issues, and they hate Bernie. 

That tweet disgusted me. It was so Trump-ish. He hates the Democratic Party and hates America. He's just an old washed up con artist who has never accomplished a thing in his life. He clearly wants to lose and lose big because he still has his donor base to cling to. If he doesn't want my vote, he doesn't have to worry - he won't be getting it. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Well, at least they didn't play "Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum, In a Dish."

Meanwhile, the AP projects Bernie Sanders to be the winner of the Nevada caucuses.  Make of that what you will.

• Members

I don't have a complete grasp on the US election system (sorry guys, but the electoral college is nuts) but am I right in thinking Bernie has more or less got this sewn up after Nevada? I am hoping somebody is going to assure me that there is still life in the race because I cannot see any other outcome than the lying yam locking down the White House, Senate and probably the house if he's the nominee. People are stupid. That gets proven every effing day and they are going to pummel him for being a filthy commie and people are going to buy it. I'm so frigging disheartened.

• Members

I remember months of stories waiting for Biden to fall. They were up and down on who would take his place, but Warren did seem to get the most overall positive media attention.

Yes. Unless something big shifts, he is the favorite for the nominee. He will lose in November, and Republicans will likely win the House, expand their Senate majority, and have a big night in statewide races and legislative races. It's going to be a death knell for America - considering how much Bernie hates America, I guess he'll be proud. 

• Members

Not necessarily.  There's still South Carolina and other Southern states to consider.  And the South is VERY important for the Democratic Party, because that is where a significant number of African-Americans live and show up for primaries and elections.  (Which is why the GOP's never-ending voter suppression efforts are always concentrated in that area of the country.)

So, no, Bernie Sanders doesn't have this sewn up yet.  But, I think we should know more for sure after Super Tuesday, which will be on March 3.

Stop.

Edited by Khan

• Members

It may depend on how Biden does in Nevada. Right now Pete is being his usual Tracy Flick self and prematurely declaring a second place victory, likely hoping this will take media focus away from the other non-winners. I'm not sure it will matter, as the media gave up on the night early and declared Bernie winner (can you imagine how his brain dead supporters would have reacted if the media had done that for any other candidate?) and the story has become about Bernie has won, it's over. But if Biden can manage to sell the "comeback kid" narrative his team is pushing about Nevada, then it could help in South Carolina. As of now Bernie seems to be gearing up for a possible win or close second place finish there.