• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I feel like Warren is the only one who knows what she's doing at this point.  We had so many candidates and things have still gone to hell in a hand basket. I don't even know who or what to blame. The Sander's cult of personality? The insane amount of money Bloomberg and Steyer are throwing around? In any case, what a mess.

• Members

Same.  Joe Biden's campaign might rebound, but I'm afraid Elizabeth Warren is pretty much on her way out.

And for God's sake, would Mike Bloomberg, Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar and Tom Steyer just LEAVE already!?  I watched more compelling "B"-stories with supporting cast members on JFP's OLTL!

Chuck Todd. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

I just can't with Michael Bloomberg. What an arrogant *uck. GET OUT OF THE RACE YOU TOOL. He just announced on television he bought all those new congresspeople who were elected in the house on National TV, many who are women. I volunteered for one of them, Lauren Underwood, who is one of the best most productive new members of the house. She got help from the DCCC but not his lord and master. And the only person of note nationally who came to campaign for her here in Illinois along with campaigning for Sean Casten, another red district flipped to blue rep, was Joe Biden.

By the way no matter what the race, these 2 seats are not flipping back. Lauren and Sean have both worked their districts hard - townhalls on weekends. I can vouch for Lauren, her approval in her district is just over 60%. I can't speak for other flipped districts, but it does matter to constituents that you listen to them and try to help them. Both their GOP predecessors used to flee regularly from constituents.

• Members

God yes. If only these people cared more about beating Trump than they do their own egos. Steyer and Bloomberg are the worst. If they would just put their money into Biden's campaign they could save this country a lot of heartache. I'm not saying they owe us that, btw.  I just wish that if they were going to get involved they'd do it for the greater good, instead of making things worse.

Amen. I'm glad Elizabeth Warren took a shot at him over the way he treated his female employees. Bloomberg is just as disgusting as Trump when it comes to the way he talks about women, that is if even half of that WP story is true. I guess we should be grateful be didn't assault a couple dozen women or knowingly hang out with a billionaire pedophile.

• Members

I actually have a tad of empathy for him. I know he's a horrible man and has been his entire life, but to have a family who just uses and abuses you like this is sad. Yes it's his fault. Say what you will about Reagan(ie I don't believe he was ever this bad) but at least he had people around him who actually gave a damn about him. His wife in particular. These leeches will keep pumping Trump up with drugs until the very end.

And the other thing, the Beltway people including lawmakers must know how impaired he is.  As do members of the press. It's fricking malpractice for all of them, those who swore an oath to the constitution to perpetuate this lie. This is not Woodrow Wilson times for goodness sake.

• Members

Warren and Kamala are the only two I would have voted for in the primary. I'm sorry it had to end this way. 

I didn't watch the debate tonight but it sounds like the same old garbage. The most interesting part was hearing Bernie got booed. I wouldn't be surprised if those were plants, but given the vile supporters he enables, I have no sympathy. 

• Members

Gayle has been too long doing the newsmagazine gig, her journalistic instincts have dulled but Isn't Nora O'Donnell supposed to be the hard-boiled newsperson? Isn't she on the evening news?

I can't think of one debate this season where the moderators truly asked pertinent questions that led to any enlightening moments.  Just a grab-bag of mostly messy made-for-TV moments.

Something that should be concern for those who care,

Apparently South Carolina allows 'open primaries' so a number of Republicans claim that they plan to vote in the Democratic primary just to vote for Bernie Sanders. 

Not good.

Yes, and it is most definitely because Republicans believe that Trump would be Bernie.

• Members

The debate was a mess overall, but one big missed opportunity was when Elizabeth Warren was hitting Mike Bloomberg on being a republican and he completely bumbled the response. Why wouldn’t he mention that she was a republican until she was 50?! I couldn’t believe he got tripped up by THAT especially coming from her. 

Overall I though Bernie was a mess when confronted, which is why more should’ve done that and sooner. Also, Warren is clearly wasting people’s money and running for Bernie’s VP. It was incredibly obvious. Biden had a good night. I feel Pete did too, but Pete, Amy and Steyer are still wasting people’s time. 

• Members

At times, last night's debate among the Democratic candidates threatened to rival the infamous white supremacist free-for-all on "Geraldo" in its' tackiness.  Although the criticisms lobbied against Bernie Sanders and Mike Bloomberg were certainly warranted, I'm afraid the entire night was a black eye on the 2020 Democratic primary overall.  If it causes people who were on the proverbial fence to sit out the election or even vote (or vote again) for Donald Trump, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Sigh.  When. Will This. BE OVER.