The Politics Thread

• Members

^ That is awful. Yesterday was one of the four days that Yizkor is said. Basically a memorial day where people pray for their dead. I happened to be volunteering at the old age home helping with their service. It was terribly sad. One women lost two husbands and her only child, she was just weeping as the names were read.  Another had a 10 year old granddaughter who passed.  She was fine and then she just fell over from a seizure. 

To think while these octogenarians were crying for their dead some monster decided he had to kill more is just unreal.  This is just the reality all of us live with now to some extent. It's worst for religious and racial minorities, but any of us can be killed just because it's Tuesday and some nut with a gun decides he's going to use it. I don't have the first idea how to stop these white men from being radicalized online and I don't think anyone else does either.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Good for her. Now this is social media done right. 

In less happy news, the soulless piece of phlegm and his fellow cretins are back allegedly whipping up false sexual assault allegations, this time against Pete Buttigieg.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/far-right-smear-merchants-jacob-wohl-and-jack-burkman-try-to-slime-pete-buttigieg-with-bogus-sex-assault-claim?ref=wrap

Monstrous. And they always get away with it. Luck doesn't last forever.

• Members

Yes. This was a truly evil thing to do.  Even at this point when nothing should shock any of us, I find this level of dirty dealing surprising. It's the kind of thing that could get someone sent to prison or even killed, but these psychopaths don't care.

• Members

There really is no limit to what these people will do to maintain power or to destroy opposition. Jacob Wohl tried to do the same thing to Robert Mueller while the collusion investigation was still occurring. During the Bush administration some Republicans would like to say that Democrats were engaging in politics of personal destruction, but it was always Republicans who were really doing that and now it has really escalated.

• Members

The situation in Venezuela has been a slow moving disaster for a number of years now but I don't believe that Guaidó inspires much trust or confidence among many Venezuelans.  He's already been seen as being co-opted by the Trump administration and to this day, Latin Americans and most of that entire region (including the Caribbean) continue to be wary and mistrustful of the U.S. 

Obama inspired some trust in many Caribbean nations and parts of Latin America but he is only one man.  The only other American president who inspired any type of trust is probably Jimmy Carter during his post presidential years.

I'm not even sure what a small portion of the military will do when the rest still cling to some type of loyalty to Maduro, who many in the military don't even care for but believe he is stronger than Guaidó and will likely cling to power, especially if Guaidó is Maduro's only opponent.