Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

AOC seems to be learning fast, hopefully she continues to learn.  Some of the media seems intent on pitting AOC against Nancy Pelosi and vice-versa.  The good news is that neither woman appears to be falling for it.  I didn't expect Pelosi to fall for it but I've been pleasantly surprised that AOC isn't either.

• Members

This does not surprise me one bit from this vain little !@#$%^&*].  You'd think his base would turn against him for stuff like that, but they are just too indoctrinated. Luckily, there are enough people who voted for him while holding their nose, that I jut don't see him getting re-elected. If Mueller gives him enough grief, he may pull a Lyndon Johnson and not run again. Everyone said it would NEVER happen with Johnson until it did. 

• Members

Nope. First he voted for Trump which IMO will make him a democratic non starter. There are too many people in the party, particularly the party base BLACK WOMEN who will never vote for him. Like Bernie, he'll ignore the south and refer to the base as low information voters. And someone who supports coal? No thanks.

The country is changing and finally we are seeing the roots of the changes take hold. Focusing on Arizona, Texas, Florida, Georgia, and yes North Carolina which will have new maps with a fair court, is where the focus should be, 

That said I don't hate this guy. He stood behind the teacher walkout in WV and was an integral part I understand in getting them a better deal.

• Members

New maps coming in North Carolina for 2020 elections let’s hope.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/11/north-carolina-gerrymandering-lawsuit-anita-earls.html

And truly amazing. Orange County a bastion of Reaganism no longer has ANY republican representation. Let that sink in. And New Jersey has been left with 1. California has basically made the GOP non existent in state offices, now they have done the same for federal offices.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

One of the poisons of Trump is how other people, even people who should know better, take on his idea that they can do anything they want. Mimi Walters was front and center in a notorious selfie last year after the House passed the ACA repeal. Walters and Young Kim were both out there crying voter fraud when they realized they were losing.

Others have already said it, but the sheer number of Republicans who have just started crying voter fraud any time they lose, or even think they might lose (like Mia Love in Utah, even though she is likely going to win), is very dangerous.

• Members

New York City has rejected Trumpism, which is particularly delicious.

Didn't Trump crow about how Love's loss was a done deal and how Love game him no love?  If she keeps her seat, someone should ask him about that one.

Edited by DramatistDreamer