Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

On another note, it amuses me to learn that the cute Josh Harder, who picked off a GOP incumbent in CA-10, helped get Blue Apron started. Blue Apron is one of the big sponsors of far right podcasts like Ben Shapiro. I imagine he's fuming today. 

• Members

^ The increase in hate crimes is both disturbing and predictable.  It was so obvious that a vote for Trump was a vote for hate.  It's sad to think that people are so easily led down the wrong path, but we know from both history and social science that it's true. People can be led to unleash their worst selves by a bad leader. We have got to get ride of him ASAP.

Meanwhile, I do wonder what the numbers would be if we took out the hundreds of calls that Israeli Jewish boy made to JCCs. Should it count if the person who made the calls has a mental disorder and belongs to the very group he's threatening? Maybe it should, I'm no expert, but I do feel a little bit better knowing that these statistics

The FBI released its annual report on hate crime statistics yesterday. The overall number of hate crimes in 2017 was up 17 percent from 2016, with a 37 percent rise in crimes targeting Jews and Jewish institutions, which was highlighted by the ADL. Last year, 938 anti-Semitic incidents were reported, up from 684 incidents in 2016.

were driven in part by someone who couldn't follow through without getting on a plane.

• Members

Glad I never got too into Avenatti. 

When I read about some of his financial dealings (I posted the article here a few months ago in this thread), he started to look like a shady and unsavory character to me.  Maybe this will weed him out of thinking of a 2020 presidential run.  This should have no bearing on Stormy Daniels, even though I'm sure the GOP is trying to connect the two, somehow.