Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There are always these lovely pieces about how a bigot had their heart opened because they were saved by someone of another race or an lgbt person, but these are huge exceptions used to hide the reality that most bigots won't change. They have no reason to. For all the talk of out of control PC ways and those poor cake shop owners, society rewards bigots at every turn. If he had his way, this woman likely wouldn't have a job, wouldn't be able to get married, and that's just for starters. These are the people who run America - they hate most of this country and they are very proud of that hatred. The media can get gushy over Scalise all they want, it doesn't change who he is or what he believes.

• Members

I saw a bit of John Oliver bemoaning Trump's pronunciation of "Puerto Rico" and how truly bizarre it was. I try not to ever actually listen to him, so I didn't realize how it sounded, so when I saw it on Oliver's show I had flashbacks to the Miss Universe pageants and the year that the crowds shouted "PUERTO RICO!!!! PUERTO RICO!!!!" for much of the night. 

I ended up wondering if that's how Trump learned to pronounce Puerto Rico, and was, somehow, bewildered all over again that this man is President. I didn't think I could even have that reaction anymore...

• Members

That episode of the Jeffersons reminds me of the M*A*S*H episode where the guy was racist and said he wanted "White only" blood. The guys ended up convincing him all blood is the same and talked about the guy who died in a car accident cause he wasn't allowed in the "Whites only" hospital. I can't think of the man's name, but he was the guy who had something to do with blood and how it's all divided up.

Sorry if I'm not making sense lol

• Members

I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for Gen. Kelly or any of these other Chain of Fools who are enabling Trump's infantile behavior.   

Instead of protecting the American public by exposing this snake oil real estate salesman, they coalesced around him to sell gullible members of the American voting populace this Orange bill of Damaged Goods, so that they could hoard whatever power they think they have.

They accepted the job, they must now struggle with this fascist, sexist, racist sociopath. History and generations down the road will not absolve any of them.

I did have a bitter chuckle at the memory of Trumpists declaring that class had returned to the White House and now we're seeing a squabble on 'Front Street' of Trump's two wives, with some labeling them "The Real Housewives of white supremacy" or "Daze of Our Wives". 

...while the Obamas quietly celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary last week.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Yes. None of us really believe he's going to get us in a nuclear war, if we did we'd be getting out of Dodge no matter the cost. I only have these moments of believing it. Then my mind pushes it down again.

Some reporter from the NYT was doing the media rounds today. He's been in North Korea recently and he was saying he thinks the threat is real. That's why it's feeling more real to me today I guess.