Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Disgusting although I was more surprised that Japan voted against it.  I guess I always thought of them as being more civilized than we are.  I wonder why we voted this way? In support of Saudi Arabia? I wish the article more analysis.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

SMDH.

Again: SMMFH.

Don't you know?  It's because, in THIS country, we regard homosexuals as being no better than pedophiles.  Lock up your children, America!  Before The Gays snatch 'em and brainwash 'em with their godlessness and their man-on-man sex!

Edited by Khan

• Members

Saudi Arabia and our coziness is public  example number 1 of US chastising anyone violating human rights is total hypocrisy. They execute homosexuals in SA so of course why would the US condemn it. Plus our own LGBT policies.

Thoughts? I wonder why this guy is being categorized as a populist?

https://theintercept.com/2017/10/03/populists-are-on-the-march-in-the-south-bernie-backed-insurgent-randall-woodfin-defeats-birminghams-incumbent-mayor/?comments=1#comments

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Suppose the homophobes are correct and homosexuality is a psychological disease like, say, bipolar disorder.  If that were true, then wouldn't it be more prudent to treat the disease (which practitioners of that abominable "conversion therapy" say they are doing) than to execute or even incarcerate those afflicted?  You wouldn't put to death or lock up someone who was bipolar JUST for being bipolar, would you?  Even if their disorder led to their committing criminal acts, you might confine them for a period of time at facility, but you'd also seek treatment for them (drugs, therapy, a combination of the two).  You might even declare them "not guilty due to diminished guilty or defect" and then rehabilitate them.  So why, then, are gays and bisexuals criminalized and stigmatized for behavior that, by the homophobes' own implications, they couldn't help?

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Except those same people really don't care about treating the mentally ill. They gut any funding and services available so yeah not or never have bought this. They only use the mental illness label to justify mass shootings by white men and then do nothing in terms of mental illness health reform.

NEXT

So interesting article on the gerrymandering case being take up by the Supreme Court. Gorsuch is even a bigger grandstander than Scalia but it's refreshing to see Ruth Ginsburg slap this fool back into silence. And the reports on this yesterday is encouraging as Kennedy's questions in particular seemed to lead to the gerrymandering from his position possibly being a violation of the first amendment. But of course no decision. At the end of the day it would be great to see this lead to what Schwarzenegger did in California.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/ginsburg-slaps-gorsuch

NEXT

the ACLU is taking the case of a Hawaii doctor suing the FDA so that women are allowed to get the abortion pill from pharmacies. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emaoconnor/the-aclu-is-suing-the-fda-to-let-women-get-the-abortion?utm_term=.ej8nGOZ1D&bftwnews#.nwL82GyZ3

Edited by JaneAusten