Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Looks like a 'quiet' attempt to dip into a more "centrist" strategy by the Our Revolution folks.

Bernie and his cohort are certainly not above being calculating, despite what the purity ponies claim. He's a politician who has been in office for decades, likely backed by a cohort of other politicians and no matter how well their intentions all are, they function as politicians. 

Every day, it's a burning trash fire with Trump Inc. So much so that it's now become an entire garbage dump.

How Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump, Jr., Avoided a Criminal Indictment

Tillerson tries to talk around this but he still has yet to deny that he said it.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Good article by Ari Berman on the case in front of the Supreme Court on gerrymandering.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/10/anthony-kennedys-questioning-suggests-extreme-partisan-gerrymandering-could-be-in-danger/

And when people want to claim Jim Crow is over, just another version of a "poll tax". discounting thousands from the ability to vote

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/04/alabama-voting-poll-tax?CMP=share_btn_tw

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I'll probably get into some trouble for saying this, but speaking as someone who (unfortunately) toiled for a season at Gorsuch's alma mater, Columbia University, it REALLY doesn't surprise me to see him grandstanding.  Students at Columbia have a tendency to grandstand.

• Members

I can't even pretend to be surprised. These guys are hypocrites almost down to a man.  How many times have gay bashing congressmen been caught having sex with a man? How many times have "family values" congressmen been caught having an affair or worse yet leaving a wife with cancer? Even John McCain is said by some to have left his first wife because she was disfigured in a car accident. He cheated on her first of course.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

• Members

That's nothing new. I used to work for an abortion rights group so I occasionally visited abortion clinics for work. I can't tell you how many times people protesting have come into clinics to get their own abortion then were right back out there protesting in a few weeks later. I went to one where a nurse said "Two of the women out there have been patients."