• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

ICYMI:

Trump Cuts Obamacare Subsidy Payments

Also:

More [!@#$%^&*] Trump is Doing to Obamacare

Trump is asking federal agencies to look for ways to expand the use of association health plans, groups of small businesses that pool together to buy health insurance, and to broaden the definition of short-term insurance, which is exempt from the Affordable Care Act’s rules, administration officials said.

IOW: TrumpCo. aims to create an alternative healthcare market, with "cheaper plans" and "skimpier benefits" for younger and healthier people, leaving others stranded in the ACA with higher premiums.

And I'm not even gonna TALK about what he threatened to do to Puerto Rico.  (Needless to say, if P.R. were more stable right now, I'd advise them to fight for independence.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

So Trump, realizing that the replacement bills he tried to push were trash and that Obamacare, left alone would NOT flop, as he predicted, so he manipulates the circumstances to try to ruin ACA/Obamacare.

It's not about creating good, sustainable policy that will help people, it's about destroying any and everything created under the Obama administration.

Then trolls try to slither onto this board and defend an odious Trump and his odious doctrine. GTFOH!

Please register in order to view this content

Trump, his enablers and his cronies are trash, pure and simple. I'm tired of talking around this fact.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Exactly.  And I think it's all because Obama roasted Trump at the WH Correspondents' Dinner back in 2011.  Trump didn't like the HNIC making him look like the buffoon that he is; and now, we all have to suffer the consequences of bruising his fragile-as-hell ego.

Edited by Khan

• Members

And I hope they follow through with their threats.  Trump is sabotaging the ACA for one reason and one reason only: to make "that uppity n****r" Obama look like a total failure as president.  He couldn't get Congress to pass a repeal/replace bill with his Dollar Tree mafioso tactics, so he's just gonna cut off the life support to Obamacare instead.  What a jackhole.

• Members

House v Price was filed if u recall by the GOP to challenge the CSRs. The judge ruled in their favor but also but a hold on the decision ordering the gvmt to continue paying the subsidies to allow the DOJ to prepare appeals. of course orange glows DOJ is dropping the challenge to the ruling so the states are now taking it up. They had already won their first court battle in May when they filed believe to be granted the right to be able to take over the appeal from the DOJ.

there is talk that insurance companies may also join up and file their own lawsuit against the fed gvmt as well as other groups representing consumers.

• Members

The only one who is a total failure is Trump himself, and frankly that's being kind. I am constantly amazed that he has any supporters left. He's an unmitigated disaster, and clearly totally incompetent to be president as anyone with half a brain can see. I was stunned and fearful when I first heard that he somehow had been elected, but I could never ever dream that he would show himself to be so totally inept, petty and borderline insane that he is.

• Members

This is the thing we should take with us forward. Trump is bad but it's his supporters who are the real threat to our democracy. Not the just the "working class" ones although they are pathetic enough in their own right but the rich ones who are willing to risk millions of our lives for tax cuts. It think we're also seeing that there's a real problem in the tech industry. Between Assange, Bannon, Thiel, the fact that Facebook and Twitter had no problem taking Russian money, the vicious sexism of the tech bros, etc... there's a really dangerous element woven all through a big part of our culture.

• Members

Trump and the GOPers need those funds currently being used for the subsidies in order to off set the lost revenue that will result from the plan to massively cut taxes for the top 1%...

That was the whole point of repeal and replace...to transfer taxpayer dollars from the ACA to the top 1%.