Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I despise them. They hijack peaceful protests for their own infantile emotional needs and they give cover to the "both sides" narrative. Once people start getting violent it's easy for innocents to get hurt and they don't care. Don't get me wrong. I like seeing Nazis get beat down as much as the next person but antifa hurt more than they help.

• Members

It's that old expression, "They mean well, but...".

I don't want to repeat marceline (again), so I'll just say this: I have a tough time dealing with ANY group that encourages its members to disguise themselves, regardless of which side of the proverbial fence they're on.  To me, it's creepy af...and, if I must be honest, it's cowardly, too.  Say what you will about the Black Panther Party, but from what I recall, those guys hardly ever cloaked their faces so that you couldn't tell who was who.

• Members

So, I have to admit that I've paid little to no attention to these Antifa folks.  I guess my reason being that they have mostly come off as a small, but vocal cluster of unhinged nutjobs.

Am I wrong to be paying so little attention?

I guess when I see them occupying the halls of government, shaping our laws or public policy like the Klan or the white supremacists, I'd likely pay more attention.

• Members

The problem (for me) is that they hinder the cause they claim to want to help. The right wing is just salivating in the hopes that antifa kills someone and when that happens who do you think the cops will crack down on? The white guys who rip off their black masks and disappear into the crowd or the black and brown people out peacefully protesting. This is another case of far lefties fetishizing "revolution" even if it means hurting innocent people.

• Members

You're right, that is a concern and a big one. 

The one saving grace so far is that many of those Antifa twits seem to be too cowardly to venture into spaces where there are very large numbers of black and brown people. Like, you're not going to see any in Harlem, NY or Newark, New Jersey.

What would a crisis in America be without greedy corporations trying to capitalize from the misery of others? This time- price gouging.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Antifa wouldn't last five minutes in those places before community members kicked them out of their neighborhoods. "We're tryin' to honor Dr. King by staging a peaceful protest," they might say, "and then they bring THEIR triflin' asses in here, tearin' up [!@#$%^&*]. We ain't got time for that mess!"

Edited by Khan

• Members

I share some of the same concerns about Antifa that others posters have but the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Conservatives are going to crack down on blacks when the next mass major police killing or mass killing of whites is done by a black person. They blamed BLM for the police killings in Dallas and Louisiana and BLM for the most part don't wear masks. 

• Members

You remind me of a comment I saw on another site from someone complaining about taking down Confederate monuments. He said that "the Left" is going to wish they stayed quiet when conservatives start tearing down statues of Malcolm X and demanding the street names be changed. I told him that given the neighborhoods where you find "Malcolm X Boulevard" I would cherish watching the attempt. Just let me get some popcorn first.