Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A half million people have been infected with Cholera in a 3 month period.  I wonder how many Americans even know our country is involved in this nightmare? One of the worst parts of Trump's circus is it distracts people from these types of stories.  Reporters are tripping all over themselves to cover 45's latest tweets instead.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/25/opinion/the-slaughter-of-children-in-yemen.html

• Members

I am actually shocked that the war mongerers at the Times condemn this. It's one of my biggest issues with Obama. Now I love Obama but was not crazy about his continual enabling of Saudi Arabia and much of his foreign policy. Now we have an administration who has zero conscience and doesn't care about the biggest humanitarian crisis since WW2. But hey as long as the military industrial complex in this country can continue to make money off this and it's off the radar for most Americans who cares. What a sad commentary of our country.

On a side note I remember reading that pre US entry to WW2, 85% of catholics and protestants in this country were against accepting refugees from Europe. And also 50% of Jewish folks in this country were also against it.

• Members

That ban should never have happened after the January ban was not upheld because it was only supposed to be for 90 days to strengthen up vetting procedures. Of course it's still in place likely until the Supreme Court hears the case because it was never about the vetting process to begin with or protecting the US citizens.

• Members

Like a thief in the night, after the Friday afternoon news dump, the Orange Menace pardons Arpaio. The GOP looks worse every day, especially since they touted themselves as being the party of 'values'.

Speaking of being hypocritical, ever wonder why Republicans no longer scold about fiscal responsibility and deficits to everyone who will listen?

Republicans Learn to Love Debt

According to WAPO, Pompeo may be using his position at the CIA to cover Trump on the Russia investigation.

At CIA, a watchful eye on Mike Pompeo, the president’s ardent ally

What other excuses will Trumpians conjur to explain away these despicable actions?

• Members

The New Yorker's Margaret Talbot said it best: "Choosing to pardon [Arpaio] is a gift to the white nationalists."  When you look at the former sheriff's record, you can't HELP but see as much.  Yet, people will INSIST that Trump is not a racist.

There's only one reason for re-instituting the ban against transgendered persons serving in our military, and it's that Obama was the one who reversed the ban in the first place.  Otherwise, what's the purpose in banning any able-bodied individual from protecting and defending our country when the data has shown that transgendered soldiers would have a "minimal impact" on the military's overall safety, financial resources and morale?  Aside from appeasing the most small-minded social conservatives out there, it just makes no sense.

Apparently, he believed TrumpCo. wasn't as jazzed as he was about killing Muslims.   But seriously, how crazy is it that a Jewish man (Miller), a British-born Hungarian (Gorka), and a third man with Irish Catholic roots (Bannon) are putting pressure on Trump to put "America First"?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Doesn't Gorka have charges pending? I read that he was never able to get security clearance. I can't even keep up with all these damn crooks and low-lifes in this administration!  

And using the hurricane as cover to dump all this news.

Trump still doesn't miss a weekend vacay though!

Such trash, these people are!