The Politics Thread

• Members

Trump Steps Up Feud with McConnell, Ryan

I feel like this will end with someone getting smacked across the face with a metal folding chair.

He also came for James Clapper.

(And, of course, the media -- or, as he lovingly calls them, 'fake news.'  Because, what would any day be without Trump flogging THAT dead horse?)

Edited by Khan

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To think: I felt bad for not voting.  But voting for Donald Trump out of spite?  Because, as marceline would say, they didn't get their free tuition and legal weed?  That's so...basic.

God don't like ugly, Stace!

Edited by Khan

• Members

More about the Trumpening of the WH:

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/aug/24/trumps-3m-white-house-redesign-is-as-drab-as-a-downmarket-hotel

From the article: The yellow candy-stripe wallpaper of the Obama Oval Office has been stripped out and replaced with a creamy grey damask affair, picked out by President Trump himself, as his aides were eager to emphasise. “The Obama wallpaper was very damaged. There were a lot of stains on it,” they added, as if to suggest the previous occupants were a bunch of uncouth ne’er-do-wells who went around spraying their fluids against the walls.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the implications of that remark.  Trump's aides made it sound as if the Obamas were like these folks:

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'm glad that Obama is a more polite man than I am because my reply to things like this would be, "Kiss my ass."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/24/opinion/obama-trump-charlottesville-moral.html?mabReward=ACTM1&recid=bb7bf895-62bf-4074-5922-323a05a50119&recp=1?src=recg

The same paper that was so happy to scorn Obama during his 8 years in office now having people BEG him for help (what is he supposed to do exactly???) makes my skin crawl.

As does this, for different reasons. It's another example of how dangerous the "pray it away" and the "people deserve what they get" contingent are:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/24/health/syphilis-std-united-states.html?mabReward=ACTM1&recid=bb7bf895-62bf-4074-5922-323a05a50119&recp=2?src=recg

• Members

I'm with the folks in the thread who don't want anymore stories like these.  Who CARES what these people think?  They just wanted a white man for president.  Also, whenever the press DOES interview them, they repeat the same, old bromides about Trump, about the GOP, about Congress, about Democrats, about the "East Coast elites," and about the "left-wing" and "right-wing" media.  They never offer anything new to the conversation.

From the article: She’s unsuccessfully run for public office three times [...] and until recently was a life coach living with her mother in Milwaukee. She’s since moved to Austin to make a fresh start and works in fast food.

Translation: Bryn Biemeck sucked at being a "life coach" (IF that's what she was -- and honestly, who could trust a life coach who was still living at home with their mother?); she couldn't even get elected dog catcher if she'd tried; and she's so insufferable as a human being that even her own mother basically told her to GTFO.  Today, she lives in the heart of Trump Country, and works at a low-paying fast food gig that she'll insist ten years from now is just a stepping stone toward something better.

Translation: A n****r came up with this program to help other POC, so it has to go.

Edited by Khan