Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

AFAIK, too, Trump has yet to sign that check.  That's what I mean when I say I doubt TrumpCo. will offer Harvey victims much help in the end.  I have a feeling the state of Texas will be pretty much on its own and that that will DEFINITELY slow rebuilding efforts.

What Trump wishes he could do to Comey or Mueller right about now...

Edited by Khan

• Members

And it's been going on for years now while Nobel Peace Prize winnter Daw Aung San Suu Kyi has kept silent about it.

The Rohingya have basically been stateless for the past few years now.

I'd always thought of Buddhism as a peaceful religion so I was shocked by the images of monks violently forcing groups of vulnerable people out of their homes.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Or worse. She seems to be passively supporting what's happening to them. I read she said that "ethnic cleansing" was too strong a term to use. I didn't see her condemn what is happening or urge the military to stop trying to drive them out and kill them.  There was a time I would have though maybe we can take them, but we all know that's not happening in 2017. Our government is up to it's own f*ckery.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

She's made multiple excuses, saying that things must be done in a methodical way and you can't force change too fast. When people are being burned out of their homes, really??

Another essential issue that might not get notice is that the skirmishes are also land grabs. The Rohingya are not only Muslim but many tend to be merchants who had thriving businesses as well as the land that the businesses occupy. To push them out, also means their property suddenly becomes available.  Nevermind the fact that these people have lived on the land for at least a century, down generations yet are not considered citizens.

It's shameful.

When I first read about this 2-3 years ago, I thought it was barbaric and could only happen in a country where a military dictatorship had been in charge for a long time. Sadly, after this election and the aftermath of what has happened in the U.S., I am forced to think that it is no longer inconceivable for something similar to happen here. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

An ICYMI, Kenya's Supreme Court nullified their recent election results and have ruled that a new election must take place within 60 days. By the way, fake news also loomed large during their campaign season.

Kenya Supreme Court Nullifies Presidential Election

Also FYI.

Remember how the Trump administration has moved to weaken the EPA considerably.