Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

this is the one question I'm asking myself right now. every time this person comes in here, people respond....exactly what this person wants. 

LEAVE THIS PERSON ALONE AND MOVE ON. Why is that so difficult?! this person is a damn troll. adds NOTHING at all. 

• Members

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

As the Civil Rights Movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened pre-existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South to the Republican Party that had traditionally supported the Democratic Party.[4] It also helped push the Republican Party much more to the right.[4]

• Members

This is going to sound mean but I don't believe that that #1 Troll is who they claim to be.  Sorry but I don't believe you. I'm going to use a phrase that Trumpists like to use "Picture... or it [your claim] doesn't exist". 

Please register in order to view this content

FYI folks there are many 'fake Black people' trolling around on social media so I think I have a right to be suspicious of someone who has posted about the stock market incessantly but shows absolutely no knowledge or facility of the issues that have affected Black people in this country or worldwide.

Sorry but I don't buy it. At all. Call me a 'Doubting Thomas' if you must.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Most of that was before 1965 and the passing of the Voting Rights and Civil Rights acts which LBJ acknowledged would lose the southern states for the democrats for at least one generation. So stop parroting the points relative to the party when it wqas actually reasonable and believed that public policy could help people. Corporate taxes under Eisenhower was also around 75% so are you advocating for those policies, policies under Roosevelt and Eisenhower which helped elevate the middle class?

Educate yourself and read about the Southern Strategy.

My fault. I take the blame. But it is evidence of ignorance and that they could care less about what the GOP stands for today. White men and corporations. How sad that they have done nothing in terms of public policy since Eisenhower but hey if Eisenhower is the prototype, can we get the 75% tax rate on businesses again?

Edited by JaneAusten
revision

• Members

The snippet I posted this morning was just a piece of the Trump administration's "policy" in Africa, which is unsettling officials in the Pentagon and African leaders alike.

It is clear that Trump wants a militaristic policy in Africa that diminishes humanitarian and developmental aid, which, even the generals fear will hurt American interests long term.  

African leaders fear that this emphasis on military-heavy policies over developmental will lead of higher unemployment and a ripe opportunities for militant groups to recruit jobless young men (and women).

White House Pushes Military Might Over Humanitarian Aid in Africa

Edited by DramatistDreamer