The Politics Thread

• Members

This is a shell game. The headlines are now off of the health care bill and the Republican infighting and on Trump's "greatest hits" and two of his favorite puppets Joe and Mika. Everyone will pretend to be shocked and pretend to be upset, then move on to a news cycle healthier for Republicans. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It just annoys me so much when I see Lindsey Graham tut-tutting. It's that faux-responsible schtick that is never backed up. 

Obviously I do understand why people are disgusted by his comments. I'm just tired of the false media outrage and the false finger wagging from politicians who enable him. 

• Members

I agree with you, but I'm also torn. I'm glad to see the media hit him on the fact that he always uses looks to attack women. It's so clear he only values women by their looks, which is why he always uses it to denigrate us.  At the same time it changes nothing. We all knew this. It's way more important to keep the heat up on Russia.

• Members

Yeah, it's hard to get worked up over his misogyny when that's what people voted for. I'd go for the narrative that this is what he's doing while Carrier moves jobs to Mexico. As for Russia, that freight train will keep moving no matter what. One of the things I like is that Mueller is just doing the work. No public statements. No grabbing at the spotlight. Meanwhile everyone lawyers up, Page spends ten hours talking to the FBI, Manafort registers as a foreign agent which is an indication he violated FARA. Donnie was going to file a complain against Comey and backed down and he had to admit he didn't have any "tapes." I really believe the noose is tightening. Donnie's unhinged behavior is practically a cry to be removed from office.

• Members

The point isn't that attacking her looks is the greater insult, it's that misogynists always reduce women to their looks. I wish we could expect more from the person leading us. 

I read a profile of him awhile back and it left me hopeful. He sounds like someone who digs in and doesn't quit.

• Members

I don't understand why it has to be an either/or thing when it comes to what the MSM focuses on regarding TrumpCo.  I mean, can't we talk about the misogyny AND Russia?  Has MTV ruined our attention spans THAT much?

And the "No one reads the New Yorker magazine" tweet from Trump should be coming in 3, 2....

• Members

Good!!!

Please register in order to view this content

Honestly, these Fox News "celebrities" need the rudest of awakenings.  They think they have appeal that stretches beyond the channel's very narrow base; and as Greta's ouster at MSNBC proves, they don't.

• Members

It's so weird. Wasn't Van Susteren at CNN before she went to FXNC?  I remember once thinking it would be weird for her to go to make the switch from CNN but, I guess the money was right and switch she did, with aplomb!

Also strange that anyone, let alone NBC would be banking on Kelly to be a 'hit' on daytime TV.  She has never struck me as the type that had a daytime 'personality'.  

Then again, she tried to compare herself to Oprah and those two never struck me as having any similarities whatsoever.

Edited by DramatistDreamer