Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It took going through four years of hell with Donald Trump to appreciate again a true leader giving the people words of comfort.  As Joni Mitchell once said, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

I agree!  Splitting the GOP in two could only help the Democratic Party going forward.

And they say the Obamas are ghetto!

Edited by Khan

• Members

I hate to say it but that doesn't even rate as anything close to serious child abuse to me. What can I say? I've gone through some real [!@#$%^&*]. Plus I've seen so much worse happen to other kids. Yeah, it's not good, but that was a fairly typical teenager/mother fight, imo. I couldn't hear everything she said though. Saying "I want you out of here" was over the line I guess.

• Members

Are you watching the virtual inaugural parties/balls tonight?

Asian-American and Pacific Islanders AAPI Inaugural Ball: Breaking Barriers

In partnership with IMPACT and RUN AAPI, we are joining an Inaugural Ball celebrating the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities and the multitude of contributions they make to our nation. The event will feature remarks from AAPI organizers, political leaders, celebrities and musical, comedy, and cultural performances. Confirmed participants include OMB Director-designate Neera Tanden; Reps. Ami Bera, Pramila Jayapal, Andy Kim, and Raja Krishnamoorthi; former Olympian Michelle Kwan; actors Kal Penn, John Cho, Kumail Nanjiani, and Chloe Bennet; performances by Japanese Breakfast, Ari Afsar, Raja Kumari; and more.

---------------------------------------

We Are One: 
The Presidential Inaugural Committee will host an evening celebration to honor and celebrate all within the Black Community and African Diaspora

featuring powerful speakers, inspiring stories, and entertaining performances. The event will be hosted by Terrence J and feature appearances by Leslie Jones, Frankie Beverly, Stacey Abrams, Whip Jim Clyburn, Rep. Cedric Richmond, Congressional Black Caucus Chairwoman Rep. Joyce Beatty, Senator Cory Booker, Senator-Elect Rev. Raphael Warnock, Kim Fields, Erika Alexander, and Jason George.

It will also feature a special performance by Tobe Nwigwe, in addition to performances by DJ D-Nice, The O’Jays, Rapsody, Step Afrika, the String Queens, the Texas Southern University Debate Team, and more. The event will also include a Battle of the Bands, featuring Florida A&M University Marching 100, Grambling State University World Famed Marching Band, Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South, Louisiana Leadership Institute All-star Marching Band, South Carolina State University Marching 101, Southern University Human Jukebox Marching Band, and the Tennessee State University Aristocrat of Bands.

Remember DJ D-Nice of the instagram live

stay-home virtual DJ dance parties?

He's playing music in between each speaker/performer

The O-Jays!

The HBCU marching bands- a montage of a minute or less from each band.
Wish there was more.

----------------------------------------

Latino Inaugural 2021: Inheritance, Resilience & Promise

In partnership with the Hispanic Federation and over 50 co-host organizations, we are joining an Inaugural tribute to tell the story of Latinos’ contributions to our nation. The event will be hosted by Eva Longoria and feature appearances by Lin-Manuel Miranda, John Leguizamo, Rita Moreno, Edward James Olmos, Ivy Queen, and Becky G. There will be musical performances from Gilberto Santa Rosa, Gaby Moreno featuring David Garza, and All-Star Tejanos United – Stefani Montiel, Jose Posada, Shelly Lares, DJ Kane, and Mariachi Nuevo Santander from Roma High School in Roma, Texas. The event will also include an Emilio Estefan produced performance of One World, One Prayer by the Wailers, featuring Skip Marley, Farruko, Shaggy and Cedella Marley. The Latino Inaugural 2021 event will stream live at bideninaugural.org/watch, The Choice channel on Peacock, Telemundo’s digital and social platforms, Univision’s digital and social platforms, and on Hispanic Federation and PIC social channels from 9:30-10:30 PM Eastern. Closed captioning will be provided on the Peacock stream.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I'm a little surprised she's like him. I figured she was more apathetic than cruel.  I wasn't surprised she was an awful first lady though. She never wanted to be in public service.  What a wasted opportunity.

Does anyone know who will be the next President Pro Temp of the Senate? I can't help but wonder given how insane things are.