Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I definitely don't miss the old roll call, it was really noisy, you could hardly hear what people were saying and tended to be overpopulated by obvious bigwigs overfull of bombast.  There were quite a few touching vignettes during last night's roll call, which personalized the feature to the extent where you weren't just seeing a state but a collection of people's experiences.

• Members

^ Every time I think I hate that man as much as I possible can he manages to take it to the next level. I can't wait to be rid of him, so I can just let it go. It just never even occurs to him that if you see people in distress the answer is to try to help them, not trade them in or insult them.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm not sure why that was released early as it's just going to end up becoming a controversy and giving the media and the GOP talking points. 

Speaking of the media games, I am not surprised that NBC, which is likely still infiltrated by Andrew Lack's flunkies, led the charge in trying to convince people that AOC was "going rogue" and asking people to vote for Bernie. They did anything they could to help Trump  in 2016, to the point of having that sicko Lauer fawn over him in primetime while grilling Hillary. And they're back again. 

The roll call was a beautiful moment, a wonderful use of the new convention style, and genuinely moving as we saw so many parts of our country (seeing Matthew Shepard's parents brought back so many memories for me, I was very touched). Yet that was all overshadowed, as was the plan. 

If Trump wins he will dismantle the media. If Biden wins I hope some of the people in his administration will consider doing the same. Something has to change.