The Politics Thread

• Members

Mueller gave the information to Rod Rosenstein who then decided to give it to the attorney for the southern district of Manhattan, who is a Trump appointee, who then submitted it to the FBI.

Firing Mueller won't stop that legal wheel from turning, it may escalate things though.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not sure of anything in this life.

Hopefully people are not waiting for this investigation to unwind itself in lieu of voting in midterms, since it could take years.

Also, the GOP is already using the threat of impeachment to fundraise to their base for midterms. 

Voters of good conscience had better be able to focus on more than one political issue/crisis at a time.  The sovereignty of the U.S. may depend upon this.

• Members

I agree that things are as serious as this. We face tremendous debt thanks to that insane tax plan. We have a ruler who is completely corrupt and after nothing except his own gain. A Congress that sees how dangerous and criminal he is, but won't act.

I do believe Mueller will come through sometime in 2019 if he isn't fired or obstructed.  Still, every day Trump and his ilk are in charge the danger to our freedom increases. Even if it's not our actual sovereignty as a nation at stake (and it may be), what good is keeping it if we are some fascist state?

• Members

It should be clear to everyone by now that we only bring chaos when we try to intervene in these types of wars.  How many more countries do we have to help destroy before we stop for good? Part of the problem is that as a whole we are removed from the pain.  We just bomb the f*ck out of these places and it doesn't seem real to most of us on the home front.

• Members

Bingo and part of the reason Vietnam was so unpopular was because we had a draft and that people actually for the first time had the real images of war brought to them on TV thanks to reporters like Dan Rather. The caskets coming home was also heavily covered at the time.

My cousin gave up a 4 year baseball scholarship to Purdue to enlist at the time as a marine because his dad(my uncle) served in WW2 as one. He was killed after 7 months serving. My uncle never forgave himself and turned into a pacifist as a result.

Folks should watch this speech by Eisenhower at the end of his final term warning Americans of the Military Industrial Complex. The itch to war has a LOT to do with exactly what he warned Americans of.