Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've haven't read too much into it but on the news here, they've been heavily covering the stuff about his ties to Russia and what it could possibly mean. Our media has been really on top of it (most likely because the fear of Russia here is extremely strong) and to me, it seems extremely shady. At the very least, they were in contact and helping. I don't want to cast stones before we know the whole story, but if they didn't rig it, they definitely helped swing the election. I know a lot of Russian immigrants or children/grandchildren of Russian immigrants (I'm one in fact) and most of them flat out believe that Putin and the KGB were in the shadows pulling strings and made it happen. I mean, my whole life all I ever heard was that America and Russia hated each other...and now all of a sudden Russia wants to be best mates with America. My stepaunt fled Russia in the 70s and reads and listens to all this ex-Soviet stuff and apparently there's murmuring going around that Putin has something on Trump and that's what is behind all this. I don't know how sound that is or if it's true but it wouldn't shock me

I also saw something on our news about how in Wisconsin he only won about something like 15,000 votes but in the Milwaukee area (?, sorry for my spelling)- a heavily populated urban area where 80% of the people are minorities- almost 300,000 where turned away and not able to vote. Something is definitely wrong there. They also said they had a problem in heavily populated Democratic leaning areas of North Carolina with people not being allowed to vote.

Edited by AdelaideCate007

• Members

Seeing the above posts, I'm feeling in a bit of a conspiracy theory mood myself, so let's expand on that a little....

Suppose the plan was to infiltrate the voting systems to "rig" them to make it a close contest but still have Hillary winning, thus lending credence to Trump and co's narrative. But what if the plan went a little skewif and overinflated Trump's vote so that he won the states that he wasn't meant to (ie. MI, WI and PA)? That would be why Trump seems somewhat shell shocked right now and unsure of what to do - because the plan wasn't meant for him to win in the first place.

I know it's all fantasy and stuff, but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction...

• Members

I imagine Putin sees Trump as a useful idiot.  They'll make peace and everything will be peachy, but it will be on Putin's terms.   Trump will say "let the russians fight in Syria, why should we get our boys killed?"  and Putin will say "the mid east is ours".  Trump might even say "you do whatever you want, just keep the oil flowing". 

I really want to see what happens when Mexico tells him he isn't getting a single peso for his wall.   What then?    He'll be backed into a corner with no way of saving face.

• Members

Knowing Trump and the GOP, though, they'll spin it in their favor; and if anyone attempts to point this out, they'll just get shouted down with, "You can't expect the President to come through on ALL his promises!".  (Me: "You mean, like how the obstructionist far-right senators and representatives made it impossible for Obama to come through on all his?")

Listen, if this election has taught me anything, it's that nothing is truly out of bounds when it comes to politics in this country.  So, while I won't say the fix was in on this election and Russian hackers put it there, let's just say I won't be surprised if we learn that's exactly what happened.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I did not say it would at all Khan. what I'm saying by saying The Big Con is that those who honestly think he cares about them in the SLIGHTEST are about to suffer right along with the rest of us who tried telling these people that he is nothing but a con artist. 

• Members

Interesting review of Megyn Kelly's book. The reviewer doesn't buy Kelly's labelling the book as a 'help guide'.  

From the article, there is an interesting anecdote about Kelly being suspicious of possibly being poisoned on the morning of the debate she was to moderate that evening. This and a few other things, seemed orchestrated straight from a Kremlin/Putin playbook.

Yet she sat on this information. My guess is out of a fear for her career prospects. Not the country.

Review: Megyn Kelly Tells Tales Out of Fox News in Her Memoir, ‘Settle for More’

Gregg Popovich is disgusted!

SUBSCRIBE Gregg Popovich uncensored: Full transcript of thoughts on Donald Trump