November 10-14, 2008

Toups

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well, well, well....Y & R did not make the 4.0 a certain fanbase swore we would get with SHICK in Paris leading the way...can't wait to see the daily's!!!! with all the hoopla of the remote shooting in Paris....I expected better.....If I was MAB I would start shopping around for a new job!!!!

Y & R has lost 876,000 for the same period last year!!!!!

Ratings for the week November 12-16, 2007

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers

1. Y&R 5,752,000 (+281,000/+119,000)

2. B&B 3,922,000 (+54,000/-362,000)

3. GH 3,294,000 (+151,000/-210,000)

4. ATWT 3,203,000 (+233,000/-217,000)

5. OLTL 2,847,000 (+188,000/-278,000)

6. DAYS 2,688,000 (+145,000/-592,000)

7. GL 2,685,000 (+115,000/-342,000)

8. AMC 2,607,000 (+127,000/-492,000)

• Members

I don't recall any fanbase saying that here on SON.

Y&R might be down year to year, but whatever. There's numerous other reasons for that, Shick not being one of the main reasons.

This is the best the show has been in a long time, but I don't expect 4.0's anymore. There's more to Y&R than Phyllis, maybe you should know that.

Y&R is also quite successful on SoapNet and on various internet sites. If we added Y&R's SoapNet totals to what it brings in on CBS, the show would have close to the same ratings it had a year ago.

• Members

it's called an OPINION.....and mine stands....the sweeps has not done what they are suppose to do...the #'s speak for themselves...almost ONE Million less viewers then last year....it says it all

where did you see me say anything about Phyllis???? the entire Paris crap sucked....from the acting to the blue screen to the storyline.....sorry...but I stand by my OPINION.

• Members

Well, this compelled me to do more numbers.

Last week, I said that (proportionally) ATWT was the biggest ratings loser in 2008, with a 29% difference between its 2008 maximum and minimum during the year.

With the new low for GL HH ratings, GL is the new loser: 30% difference between its 2008 max and min HH rating.

The other two bottom shows, AMC and OLTL, have lost proportionately THE LEAST, and have actually rebounded a little. There can be no doubt that the GL production model, lack of history, lack of veterans, lack of umbrella stories, etc. have damaged the GL brand. The experiment has failed, sadly. The Jack Peyton axiom also tells us they cannot fix this.

I cannot feel anything but sadness for the fans who have invested a part of their lives in this this show.

Using the 2008 maxima and minima for all shows as my guide, I was compelled to compute the AVERAGE weekly loss of viewers (in %) for each show. This is very rough, because some shows HAVE bounced back from the minima....but it is a useful little comparison tool.

Based on their 2008 maximums, what % of viewers are soaps shedding EVERY WEEK in 2008?

(I know that soaps go up and down from week to week, but when you look at the long-haul trend, what % of viewers were lost, on average, weekly in 2008?)

GL 0.70% lost weekly

ATWT 0.67% lost weekly

DAYS 0.58% lost weekly

GH 0.54% lost weekly

Y&R 0.52% lost weekly

B&B 0.47% lost weekly

AMC 0.41% lost weekly

OLTL 0.32% lost weekly

So, I mean, REALLY put these numbers into perspective!

First, it really takes nothing to do the math and see when each show gets to zero. Just numbing.

But, too see how much sh*t GL (and, actually, ATWT) is in: They are losing (proportionately) twice as many viewers weekly as OLTL. Given that they are already at the bottom of the ladder....well....

I feel like we need a moment of silence.

• Members

I believe the show as a whole is so much better than it's been. For me it's much more than the Paris remote...it's all the actors and their performances of incredibly written scripts. It's the show going back to it's roots and being true to the history of the show and it's characters. THAT is why I think the ratings are up. :)

Archived