November 10-14, 2008

Toups

• Members

The last I read though was that The Price Is Right has not lost anymore than the average show has. They were even stunned that the change in Drew Carey had not brought the show down further - even though it has dropped.

I know that here in the Middle Tennessee area, Y&R lost TPIR as it's lead in and I have heard from sources here that Y&R has dropped some due to that. A local show that used to air before B&B was moved back an hour and now airs between TPIR and Y&R. The local show has actually gained viewers from TPIR lead in while Y&R and B&B have lose viewers.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am a big a OLTL fan as anybody, but I am not holding hope for the ratings to sustain this increase. There was a lot of promotion and buzz around Tarty, and tho the fallout has been amazing, and OLTL deserves to stay in the lead, it probably won't. I have seen this show at the top of its game before, yet it languishes behind GH. As for OLTL being the soap of the year, I'd agree with you if the year included only January, February, May, June and November!

• Members

Oh my gawd will you look at that, viewers are tuning out of OLTL in droves, RC is such a hack! Hackity, hack, hack! <_<

I actually take it differently. I think RC and maybe Frons are going to take it that maybe they shouldn't drag out their stories so incredibly long, and have more of the dramatic climaxes that got the show good ratings during the BE reveal and now the Tarty reveal. More proof is comparing May and last weeks ratings to the summer when the stories seemed to drag a bit and ratings dipped too.

• Members

The show is really good right now. I love Phyllis and Nick but am glad that we are finally getting some movement with them. The Kay storyline is terrific. I want to see more. I can't wait to watch the show every day. MAB is doing a great job!

• Members

Yikes, I was too subtle!

No, TPIR has shrunk. Moreover, it is the old loyalist viewers it is turning off...and that infects the rest of CBS daytime. That is part of the reason for the decline, thanks for reminding us.

Yes. It is not just GL. When you lose 30% of your viewers in year (as both are doing)...you're screwed. The problem is, while not a perfect show, ATWT is much better than GL.

Maybe Goutman can get his wish to be on less than five days a week. How does zero days sound?

Actually, maybe GL/ATWT need to share a timeslot, alternating days?

Y&R is in trouble too. The downward trajectory is the same as all shows. It will just take a little longer, maybe, for it to hit bottom.

We have entered the final decade for the genre, at least on daytime broadcast networks.

• Members

I loved it. It reminded me of the line in Terminator: "Listen. And understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

Ron is definitely still a hack and I loathe the fact that he got a bump by eviscerating Malone's work. AMC still has work to do. I adore Pratt's modern sensibilities but at the same time I feel like something is missing. But that's for another thread...

• Members

I am really happy for OLTL/AMC because look these rose from last year and AMC is steadly rising after the tornado. :) That's a good sign.

I'am not saying that OLTL/AMC are out of trouble but for right now they are doing okay.

ATWT/GL have lost a combined 1.4 million viewers. Not good.

• Members

I honestly feel badly for Guiding Light. Those ratings are atrocious and during a sweeps no less. AMC has improved leaps and bounds during CP's reign and that's coming from someone who liked the show before. I have faithfully watched AMC for a little over a year now and it has definitely become my favorite soap. I am glad ABC seems invested in the show and that the ratings are trending upward. B&B is a close second for me but as usual its hit or miss with them and I think the ratings reflect that.

Archived