October 13-17, 2008

Toups

• Members

I think next week's ratings will reflect on how well the storyline is doing especially Monday's ratings from this week where we had a cliffhanger on Friday. Its the October 20-24 ratings that I see being the ones that count.

Its going to take some time for AMC to draw fans back. They can't just have a stunt and the writing goes bad after that. They've got to let the casual fans or fans they lost know that this show is good right now.

Some of the stuff in the show, I'm disappointed with like Zack being a hero when he was in a car accident that should've killed him. How the tornado didn't kill Ryan. LOL! When the tornado hits the hospital that will be the real one.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I think the writing has been good. I haven't seen anything but the Wednesday before it hit on Thursday and after that but I like it. It is loads better than any of the crap that McTavish put out there and lots better than most of what Brown/Esensten did. The last I watched was during the Angie/Jesse wedding which I thought was good, but I like this tornado stuff a lot better.

As I said before I am loving teh Bianca story. For once I am excited about a story that even has Zendull involved.

I am loving Erica and Adam, Pete and Colby.

And I loved finally seeing some anger out of Angie at Jesse. That is something that should have already been explored and is long overdue.

I am enjoying Ryan and Annie's search for Emma.

I love the Babe dying story.

I thought Opal was very well used with her visions.

I just think it is some of the best balanced stuff I have seen on the show in a long time and I am loving it. Nobody seems to dominate this and that is the way soaps are supposed to be.

With the Angie/Jesse wedding Kendall and Zach and gang were so out of place in that story and having them thrown in to it seemed weird and out of place. But with this story everything is gelling together very well for me.

I am just very impressed with AMC for the first time in a long time. And right now it is set to be recorded everyday - that is the first time I have done that in a long time.

I quit watching in Feb. 2006 after watching for 36 years. I didn't come back until late 2007 and watched until April 2008. I never planned to return to AMC or to any soaps. But Pratt has brought me back to AMC for now, and as long as it stays as it is now I will be back for good.

• Members

SteveFrame, I couldn't agree more. The writing has been excellent and this is the best its been since that wedding. The tornado surpasses that and what's odd about that is that Pratt was responsible for that wedding as that's the reason he got hired after that.

Every scene and character is watchable right now and anytime you don't have fusion in the episode is a plus.

Angie & Jesse's storyline is great right now with Jesse's new found daughter.

David coming back is a plus and raking revenge after a bad time on Y&R for him.

Kendall finally has a good storyline.

Babe dying sparks some interest as well Annie's kids being kidnapped.

Bianca's girlfriend Tamara coming on next week should spice it up even more.

Plot after plot!

I haven't seen it since Tuesday, but I DVRed all three episodes from Wed-Fri, but I'm not sure if the tornado hit the hospital already.

Kyle, I agree with you too. The 2.1 is respectable and the 2.0 the next day. That means there's interest in it and it could rise from there for the next few weeks.

ABC soaps have done very well on Monday and Tuesdays so next week's should be interesting like when OLTL had their May events and they rose the next week.

• Members

I did say it was an unpopular opinion here, SteveF ;) The ratings can go up 200,000 next week and it wouldn't change my opinion, it's how I honestly feel. With the spoilers I wrote for this week of shows, I didn't expect to be as underwhelmed and unsatisfied as I was. I do hope the writing improves after this week. There were moments in the Babe story that were really well scripted, but overall I felt like this was a bad school project. Friday (today) showed some life in terms of substance but they still have a way to go. The Adam/Erica, Pete scenes usually crackle (in a great way) to me, I didn't feel it this week. The quad, Ryan/Annie weren't thrilling either (kind of typical). Kendall's injury seriously lacked romance because of the Z/B story. Today was the first day in the Angie/Jesse story that I wasn't bored. Whatever this week was it wasn't substance, and I'll take substance over CGI or whatever the crap this was. JMHO.

• Members

I agree with you on some of the stuff you said. They still have flaws, but I think this is where a stunt like the tornado can help improve that. Personally there are alot of things that I would like to see change.

The show is picking up everyday as it started out kind of disappointing then it just kept on getting better and better. I think that's what you're going to see happen to it.

I think most of us can agree were happy with what were getting right now and its better than the stuff we've been getting the last 3 years.

• Members

Uh, no. Not happy. Most of the show just feels clumsily put together to me. Stuff not making sense. It also feels like the writing staff isn't communicating with each other as we'll have one thing done or said in one episode and a few days later it'll be totally contradicted and no one will bat an eye. AMC is just still terrible and stunts like the tornado won't help it.

• Members

Wow, a 1.7 for Tuesday. Not a good sign for AMC. They didnt hold Thursday's numbers. When was the tornado? ATWT got higher numbers a couple of weeks ago with less promotion/drama.

Tapping fingers and waiting for the rest Toups....tired?.....wake up...lol

• Members

I wasn't blinded by special effects. It was not the tornado that I enjoyed at all. I enjoyed the stories.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. And I am backed up by at least 10 others in my group that have just come back. We all agree that this is the best AMC has been in a long time.

We still have things we don't like and being #1 is if Zach and Kendall were just gone we wouldn't miss them at all.

None of us even read any spoilers so we couldn't be overwhelmed or underwhelmed by any of them. We all saw the promos and are loving what we see. I don't expect anyone else to agree with me. It doesn't matter. All I know is I can finally sit down and watch AMC and enjoy it again. That is the first in a long time and even better it is the first time in a long time that I look forward to watching it. That is what matters.

I have been reading Lynda Hirsch's summaries for all 8 shows for months now. This is the first time I have wanted to return to any of the 8 shows I gave up. The only other thing going on in soaps right now that I am looking forward to is the Paris trip and Kay story on Y&R. I will most likely give in and return to Y&R for that.

The rest of the soaps sound bad to me. I have tried to watch GH and OLTL since I started back watching AMC and can't get into them at all.

So for me right now AMC has a lot going and that is all that matters to me.

• Members

I've watched AMC for over 20 years and it has gotten better in my eyes. There's still things I don't like, but no writer (especially under Frons) can make things perfect. Pratt has been a vast improvement over McT.

Three different friends of yours just randomly call you, asking you about the ''horrible'' writing on a soap opera? :lol:Suuurrree... :rolleyes:

Archived