Y&R Actor out

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing is, Nate is older than Lily, Colleen, and Daniel. It would be so weird to see him playing a teen, and Lily, Colleen, and Daniel older than him. But this is a soap, stranger s-hit has happened.

The actor who last played Nate is 17, so in real time, the character is still in high school too.

• Members

The shows own fault for not contracting him, he would have been locked in place if he had been. That being said, I echo the fact that he was a very good young talent. I hate how quickly the young talent changes on soaps. I guess it is because so many see it as a training ground. I guess in terms of job security, life on a soap is not what it used to be either. That is especially true for the young teens, which are prone to rapid aging at any moment.

I hope they hold off on the Abby recast. I think Darcy is just as cute as a button, and an institution within herself on the show. I love how Eric Braeden just melts around her. I don't want to loose that dynamic quiet yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Once again, it looks like the cart got before the horse with "scoops"...

Video update from Kevin

Looks like they did shoot the pilot already and don't know if it's going to be picked up.

Also talks about romance and things to come for Noah, so the so-called "recast in the works" didn't happen. To me, it sounds like no decision has been made yet.

• Members

To me it sounds like he's here unless his other gig gets picked up. And, with all the publicity that pilot got...and the fact that it is Bertinelli for TBS...I think it will get picked up.

CONTRACTS, soaps! Get signed CONTRACTS!

• Members

There's an article in the new SID where Kevin is quoted saying he's not going anywhere, the show has not been picked up and they don't know the answer, and he's thinking he'd be able to do both since they are both owned by Sony.

LOVE people and their "sources."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Sorry to bump, but I guess this TBS pilot never happened.

First, the old news that most of us probably heard a while ago: Schmidt has reportedly done a live-action Cartoon Network pilot (in Toronto) that I think was picked up.

Meanwhile, Bertinelli is apparently also moving on:

Of course, these gigs point to the rebranding of both Cartoon Network (Schmidt's not doing a cartoon) and TVLand (Bertinelli is not doing a classic show). Kinda like Soapnet....

Archived