Texas!

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Paul Rauch wanted to launch another Frame family.  He saw how well He allowed Harding Lemay to do that on AW and at this point AW's ratings were crumbling.  The idea of another farm family with lots of siblings seemed like a good idea with siblings being from good and bad like barret and dawn to the mean Paige and Justin and Courtney somewhere in the middle kind of like a Vince or Emma Frame.  I thought Texas started of cool but flopped after a while and I finally turned to GH even though I was still watching AW.  But this point AW was pretty bad too but I had to stay watching since I had invested so many years into it.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

I have always thought that Aaron.  The Marshalls in Texas were the Frames in Bay City/Chadwell.  Very similar large family with lots of siblings and some bad and some good.  Was it ever mentioned who was the youngest and oldest Marshall.  I would say either Paige or Barrett were the oldest.  

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here is Randy Hamilton circa 1979 hosting the Nickelodeon show America Goes Bananaz. The guest is some guy named Tod Foster. He appeared in some commercials around this time and had a minor hit called Dancin which he performs during the second act. The first song sounds something like The Partridge Family and the second song Dancin sounds like a Bee Gees knock off with some Rod Stewart thrown in. I googled him and he now sells Audi cars in Florida. 

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Beverlee McKinsey was an asset to ANY show she worked on, but (based on what I've seen online) I agree with Soaplovers: given more time, TEXAS might have become a much stronger show.  Pam Long's stuff was/is great to watch.

• Members

I didn't see Texas in it's original run, but watched the episodes on youtube. I really like the show. Carla Borelli as Rena is my favorite character. I crack up how she calls everyone honey. Borelli had quite a prime time career before coming to daytime. I saw her not too long ago on a 1969 episode of Adam-12 as a girl interested in Martin Milner. She was wearing a short wig that looked out of place on her. I'm use to seeing her with long hair.  The episode also featured David Cassidy prior to PF. 

Caryn Richmond and Dana Kimmel went on to do other things. Caryn did the 80's The New Gidget. Dana did a lot of guest appearances and had the lead in Friday The 13th Part 3. Randy Hamilton hosted Kids Are People Too. 

• Members

Based on the clips I watched...she seemed very likable.  Not hot, but an attractive presence..full of energy.

I often thought her vision of where she wold have taken Texas was answered in my 1st stint at Guiding Light..especially in terms of the Lewis Family...and how she wrote the Reardons.

• Members

I think she was an excellent actress. I loved her portrayal of Ashley who seemed like she was going to be a bad girl at first but then became a major heroine who had an entire family built around her. She had great chemistry with both Jerry Lanning and David Forsyth.