German soaps: GZSZ, UU & AWZ

• Members

Welcome. @Huntress has been holding down the fort here for years, keeping us informed even as I don't really know where to find most of the episodes and would barely be able to keep track of the stories at this point without their help. Glad to see someone else here who shares this interest. 

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm glad to hear that people are enjoying my posts ;)

By the way, due to the Corona pandemic and the filming hiatus, GZSZ will air 4 special episodes in the coming weeks. They will mostly consist of flashbacks. The first episode will focus on Jo and Alexander's complicated friendship, and the second one will feature Erik's troubled past. These episodes are running out of order and do not count as regular episodes.

GZSZ also announced today that Senta-Sofia Delliponti will return for a multi-week guest arc this summer. The actress played Tanja Seefeld, Maren's oldest daughter, on contract from 2010 to 2013. Tanja was a wild child and the complete opposite of her shy half-sister Lilly. She was involved with Vince and Zac and wanted to bond with her father, American rock star Kurt LeRoy. In 2013, she left for Australia and has rarely been mentioned since. After her exit from GZSZ, Senta-Sofia Delliponti started a successful music career. Under the moniker "Oonagh", she has released 4 studio albums – all of them reached the Top 10 on the German charts.

Here are the current contract casts of all 3 soaps in chronological order:

GZSZ

Wolfgang Bahro – Dr. Hans-Joachim "Jo" Gerner (1993-present)
Daniel Fehlow – Leon Moreno (1996-1999; 2001-present)
Felix von Jascheroff – John Bachmann (2001-2014; 2015-present)
Ulrike Frank – Katrin Flemming (recurring: 2002-2003; contract: 2004-present)
Anne Menden – Emily Höfer Badak Wiedmann (2004-present)
Jörn Schlönvoigt – Dr. Philip Höfer (2004-present)
Thomas Drechsel – Max "Tuner" Krüger (recurring: 2009-2010; contract: 2010-present)
Clemens Löhr – Alexander Cöster #2 (2009-present)
Eva Mona Rodekirchen – Maren Seefeld (2010-present)

Iris Mareike Steen – Lilly Seefeld (2010-present)
Felix van Deventer – Jonas Seefeld (2014-present)
Valentina Pahde – Sunny Richter (2015-present)
Thaddäus Meilinger – Felix Lehmann (2016-present)
Niklas Osterloh – Paul Wiedmann (2016-present)
Chryssanthi Kavazi – Laura Weber Lehmann (2017-present; currently on maternity leave, but will return this summer)

Maria Wedig – Nina Ahrens Klee (2017-present)
Gamze Senol – Shirin Akinci (recurring: 2017-2018; contract: 2018-present)
Patrick Heinrich – Erik Fritsche (recurring: 2018; contract: 2019-present)
Annabella Zetsch – Brenda Schubert (recurring: 2018; contract: 2019-present)
Olivia Marei – Toni Ahrens (2018-present)

Timur Ülker – Nihat Güney (2018-present)
Gisa Zach – Yvonne Bode Gerner (2019-present)
Nils Schulz – Robert Klee (2019-present)
Ronja Herberich – Merle Kramer (2020-present)
Vildan Cirpan – Nazan Akinci (2020-present)

UU

Isabell Hertel – Ute Kiefer Kern Weigel Fink (1995-present)
Milos Vukovic – Paco Weigel (2000-present)
Ben Ruedinger – Till Weigel #2 (2000-present)
Claudelle Deckert – Eva Wagner Weigel (contract: 2001-2006; 2008-present; guest: 2007)
Kai Noll – Rufus Sturm (2003-present)
Lars Steinhöfel – Ingo "Easy" Winter (2005-present)
Patrick Müller – Tobias Lassner (2006-present)
Valea Scalabrino – Sina Uhland Hirschberger (2010-present)
Tabea Heynig – Britta Schönfeld Sturm (2010-present)

Timothy Boldt – Ringo Beckmann (2012-present)

Benjamin Heinrich – Benno "Bambi" Hirschberger (2013-present)
Luca Maric – Robert Küpper (2015-present)
Andrea Brix – Roswitha Küpper-Pütz (recurring: 2015-2016; contract: 2016-present)
Jens Hajek – Benedikt Huber (2016-present)
Antonia Michalsky – Saskia Weigel Huber (2017-present)
Alexander Milo – Jakob Huber (2017-present)

Sharon Berlinghoff – Vivien Köhler (2018-present)
Yannik Meyer – Conor Weigel (2018-present)

Josephine Becker – Leni Schäfer (2019-present)
Jakob Graf – Luke Färber (2019-present)
Isabelle Julie Geiss – Nika Färber (2019-present)

AWZ

Tatjana Clasing – Simone Steinkamp (2006-present)
Silvan-Pierre Leirich – Richard Steinkamp (2006-present)
Julia Augustin – Dr. Vanessa Steinkamp Lukowski (2006-2009; 2010-2012; 2013; 2014-present)
André Dietz – Ingo Zadek (recurring: 2006-2007; contract: 2007-present)
Sam Eisenstein – Marian Öztürk (recurring: 2006-2007; contract: 2007-present)
Igor Dolgatschew – Deniz Öztürk (2007-present)
Jörg Rohde – Ben Steinkamp #2 (2009-present)
Kaja Schmidt-Tychsen – Jennifer "Jenny" Steinkamp Herzog Schwarz Schulte Hartmann Öztürk #4 (2011-present)
Lars Korten – Christoph Lukowski (2015-present)
Cheyenne Pahde – Marie Schmidt #2 (2016-present)
Bela Klentze – Ronny Bergmann (recurring: 2016-2017; contract: 2017-2020 -> departs next week)
Christopher Kohn – Dr. Finn Albrecht (recurring: 2018; contract: 2019-present)
Tijan Njie – Moritz Brunner (recurring: 2018; contract: 2019-present)
Birte Glang – Lena Bergmann Öztürk #4 (2019-present)
Amrei Haardt – Nathalie Reichenbach (2019-present)
Ron Holzschuh – Niclas Nadolny (recurring: 2019; contract: 2020; actor passed away a few days ago
Alexandra Fonsatti – Chiara Nadolny (recurring: 2019; contract: 2019-present)
Julia Wiedmann – Lucie Ziegler (2020-present)
Franziska van der Heide – Ina Ziegler (2020-present)

• Members

I don't remember her playing that part as I've not watched for long enough, but I do know 'Ooonagh' - I didn't realise she was originally known for being on GZSZ that's exciting that she'll be coming back!

What did people think of the 7000th episode?  I really enjoyed it, and managed to understand most of it! 

Please register in order to view this content

. I love the friendship between Katrin and Maren, and think Nina is great too. I'm not really very keen on Yvonne so enjoyed Katrin revealing secrets.  I thought the storyline was fun, but also thought the moment where Katrin was about to walk into the sea, but heard Maren scream as she fell down the cliff was really electric! 

I think this show does female friendships really well.  I really enjoyed the dynamic between Emily, Sophie and Jasmin as that was a big story when I started watching and hooked me in. 

• Members

Not sure yet as not watched yet - catching up on Classic EastEnders and still got 12 episodes to go 

I'll post here once I've watched it. Which country are you from and have you been able to watch GZSZ on your TV? I think you have to download the app to do it and it looks like it's not able to download outside of Germany  I've been watching on my laptop but I'd much rather be able to put it on the TV. Apparently 1992 to 1996 of GZSZ is available on RTL now as well as 2002-2003 and a couple of other years.

Edited by Skylover

• Members

I'm from the UK. I don't watch any of the UK soaps any more now. I used to watch them all years ago.  I don't really have the time, but they don't interest me so much anyway these days. If I had to watch one I'd watch Emmerdale as I've watched that on and off until about 2 years ago. 

I load GZSZ on the tvnow website tvnow.de on my laptop, then I cast it to my tv using a google chromecast.  It's free on that website. You only have to pay if you want to see the upcoming episodes that haven't been on tv yet.  The recent on TV eps are free too watch for a week after they've been on tv. It works pretty well.  You can even have subtitles now which you didn't used to be able to, which helps me with my german learning! 

I used to watch some of AWZ too, about 3 years ago when I understood a lot less,  but I don't really like it so much now. I preferred the old actress playing Marie, and it doesn't seem to have many interesting storylines at the moment. 

• Members

Zac departed the show in December 2014. He left for California where he was supposed to work as an app developer or something like that. I didn't really like Zac because he was usually used as a comic relief.

This site has character profiles of all the main characters the show has ever had: https://www.soapsworld.de/gute-zeiten-schlechte-zeiten-gzsz/rollenprofile (although the profiles of most current characters are empty or haven't been updated since 2014/2015). You can use Google translator to translate the texts to English. Sometimes the grammar is a bit awkward and some translations sound odd, but it's tolerable.

Here's the translation of Zac's profile: https://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&tab=wT&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.soapsworld.de%2Fgute-zeiten-schlechte-zeiten-gzsz%2Frollenprofile%2Fzacharias-klingenthal

• Members

When drunk, Katrin ran over a homeless person and Jo tried to cover it up. Yvonne took care of the homeless person and became suspicious.

This morning, the show announced that 4 cast members will leave the show this summer:

– Clemens Löhr (Alexander Cöster) after 11 years

– Gamze Senol (Shirin Akinci) after 2.5 years
– Nils Schulz (Robert Klee) after 1.5 years

– Annabella Zetsch (Brenda Schubert) after 1 year

According to a press release, all 4 depart on their own request.

Alex will most likely die since Maren already dreamt that something bad might happen to her family soon. His death could also be the reason for Tanja's return.
Robert and Brenda will probably leave town together. As for Shirin, I have no idea. They just introduced her 2 cousins Nazan and Leyla to the canvas.

Edited by Huntress