Y&R: Billy Miller talks about his new role

• Members

Billy warns fans to get readly for a whole new Billy Abbott

"This character has been away for awhile, and he's coming back with a little bit of an edge," Miller explains. "He's more of a man now than a boy, and it's the classic story of the prodigal son trying to find his place in the family. I loved playing Richie Novak: he was alot of fun, but he was difficult to fit into a storyline. There are more layers with Billy, which makes it a challenge. I'm hoping to do a good job."

Despite Richie being killed off on AMC(then hanging around as a ghost), Miller didn't have any qualms about jumping to another soap. "After I had the meeting at All My Children, where they said, 'You're out,' my manager found something was out there for Young and the Restless." Miller recalls. "So I put myself on tape while I was on my lunch break on All My Children and sent it in to Young and the Restless. I flew into L.A., did the test and had to fly back so I could work on All My Children the next day. I had alot of fun with the audition and I booked it two hours after the test."

Miller is grateful to a certain Y&R star who participated in his audition. "I definitely owe Peter Bergman because he helped me quite a bit with my test," smiles Miller. "After our scene, he told everyone in the room, 'I like this guy.' And I said 'I definitely like you.' after I got the part, I was still working on All My Children for awhile and Peter called a couple of times to make sure I was okay. He told me, 'It's going to be great.' And he's right, everybody here has taken good care of me.

I've already had scenes with Peter, Eileen Davidson, Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper and I'm like, 'My education is starting now.' I'm working with the heavies."

Miller has signed a three-year contract. "I just wanted get in the groove," he notes. There's a heavy responsibility since they've been trying to cast this character for a long time and there was a great actor, David Tom, who had the role before. There's alot to live up to."

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't watch today's episode yet, so I didn't see him yet.

But I'm really excited, because ED and PB seem to love him, so he must be good. I am just scared with all this talk about "Billy being a troublemaker" I'm hearing.. I don't want them to go overboard with it. Billy was never a saint, yes, but I never saw him as a bad boy either.

But I'm really really positively excited and I can't wait to see what they do with Billy! Always loved Billy Abbott and David Tom. So now it's time to see this grown up Billy. Hopefully I will like both him and Billy Miller! :)

• Members

I never realized how much he looks like Peter Bergman until I saw him on Friday's episode. This guy is definitely a keeper! We already know he can act and he has the right look. I'm sure he'll fit in nicely. I can't wait to see all the Abbott's back! I hope they put Traci on a regular recurring basis as well.

Archived