• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

There was still some life left there. And I actually enjoy Paige but I get many fans dislike of her as the central character.

I kind of agree with Donna Mills though- at that point there wasn’t much left for her to sink her teeth into, and Abby was becoming dangerously close to just being a scheming vixen for the sake of it. The best part about Knots was that the characters had the depth and meaning. We watched Abby grow and find power. Seeing her scramble against Paige was not worth watching.

I think there was a great thread that could have been followed with Abby though. A continued bid for power that ultimately cost her everything. I know Donna wanted to tell a story where Abby loses, and is practically homeless. I think there was a path to telling that story and possibly even having Abby build herself back up without being as nefarious as the first time around. Not completely defanged but going through tremendous growth. Like during the period of time when she had Lotus Point, was more concerned with her children’s well being and was content, even without Gary. She was still ruthless at times. But not the way she was before the twins were taken.

• Members

I remember enjoying the Linda versus Paige rivalry as a highlight of the post-Abby era.

It's very All About Eve for Paige to have finally gotten rid of Abby, only to have a younger vixen become a threat.  And I thought their mutual connection to the Mackenzie family was a clever bit of writing.

Her exit was sudden and shocking.  Especially as it wasn't the season cliffhanger.

Edited by j swift

• 2 weeks later...