OLTL: Week of September 8,2008

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I honestly don't remember Toups. It's pretty common knowledge about Jeb Stuart. Remember Pamela? The woman who came back and helped Jared con the Buchanans? She was married to Asa when he was "Jeb". It was one of the times Asa faked his own death. I don't remember if Carlo was involved in that story or not.

• Members

Mortimer was the good one yeah--I knew it was meant to be Mortimer as soon as I saw him but...

I dunno I love soap coincidences but this felt almost TOO--but I'll be willing to see where it goes. Otherwise I thought it was a good solid episode (and this felt obvious to me personally--as soon as Carlo meantioned the other day he was going to put Christian in a place people wouldn't get to him or whatever I KNEW it was that jail). I still think it's the dialogue that often lets the story a bit down.

And Gigi... C'mon I know Brody hung up on Rex that time ago but really for th emost part his actions have been pretyt understandable (even getting the paternity test--she was gone a LONG time) and all she does is rolls her eyes. I mean he got her job back and her first reaction was "thanks I guess but don't think this means you're off the hook". SHEESH.

Loved the Drew reference--Drew died during an iffy period at OLTL--was it under JFP? But I tuned back in for his death eps with Boi's grief cuz they were such compelling, sad scenes (he took off in a boat I think). I also really loved Drew's character

• Members

How the heck can Carlo just come with Cris and hand him into the Columbian authorities for crimes that were allegedly committed int he US? First off they wouldnt necesarily just take Cris bc Carlo has no authority or proof of anything and even if they did, wouldnt they have to contact the US and deport him into US police custody? Why are they just taking Carlo at his word?

Asa wrote an authobiography. Its how Jared knew so much about his life and idolized him. Besides, he and Carlo were MAJOR enemies in the 90s. Carlo made it his business to know everything about Asa

• Members

No, I don't see them going in this direction- I really think this would be the worst pairing RC could ever come up with...They are both supporting bores, with no s/l of their own, and no connection to the canvas..They are dispensable if paired and are safer if they are single. If rumor turns out to be truth, Michael should leave town with Marcie....

Layla should just become a reporter/columnist for The Sun....

• Members

I have to agree. Michael and Layla as a couple would be pretty boring. But I don't mind their scenes because it gives the show a sense of community, just because they choose to showcase all of the characters' lives rather than five or six all the time. It's nice to see these random scenes between Roxy and Charlie, or Charlie and Carlotta or Layla and Brody or now Layla and Michael, which intermix with Todd and Marty, Blair and John, Star and Cole, etc.

• Members

I agree it does give a sense of community. I've been noticing that we've been getting alot of interaction between various chaarcters on the canvas lately. Roxy/Tina, Leyla/Michael, Markko/Clint/Nora. I like these random interactions.

I'm undecided on Leyla and Michael. I don't believe that Michael and Leyla would be a long term thing if they hooked up. Marcie and Michael are bound to reconcile somewhere down the road. I hope for me (if they keep Brody) that Brody and Leyla are the end game.

Today's episode was one for the record books folks:

For the first time since it's creation, the lobby of the Angel Square Hotel had actual lighting! None of that ridiculous green bullsh!t they sometimes light the set with.

• Members

I hate to say this because I like both characters, but a pairing between Layla and Brody is a recipe for the back burner. Not that I think that's how it should be, but they're both peripheral characters who need to be paired with people who are more central to the stories to remain viable. JMO as always.

Archived