B&B: August episode count

y&r_fan

• Members

21 episodes in total. (23 episodes last month.)

Rank. Actor (Character) No. of episodes this month (Comparison to last month)

1. Texas Battle (Marcus Walton) 16 (+1)

*. Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke Logan) 16 (-4)

3. Brandon Beemer (Owen Knight) 14 (-2)

*. Jennifer Gareis (Donna Logan Forrester) 14 (-5)

5. Ashley Jones (Dr. Bridget Forrester Marone) 13 (-2)

*. Ronn Moss (Ridge Forrester) 13 (-2)

7. Heather Tom (Katie Logan) 12 (-1)

8. Jack Wagner (Dominick Marone) 10 (-12)

9. Susan Flannery (Stephanie Forrester) 8 (+4)

10. John McCook (Eric Forrester) 7 (-6)

*. Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy Forrester) 7 (-3)

12. Kyle Lowder (Rick Forrester) 6 (-2)

*. Robin Riker (Beth Logan) 6 (-1)

14. Dan Martin (Lt. Bradley Baker) 5 (+5)

*. Alley Mills (Pamela Douglas) 5 (+1)

15. Winsor Harmon (Thorne Forrester) 4 (-4)

*. Mykel Shannon Jenkins (Det. Charlie Baker) 4 (+4)

*. Lesli Kay (Felicia Forrester) 4 (-9)

*. Hunter Tylo (Dr. Taylor Hayes) 4 (same)

19. Patrick Duffy (Stephen Logan) 3 (-2)

20. William deVry (Storm Logan) 2 (+2)

*. Lesley-Anne Down (Jacqueline Payne Marone) 2 (-3)

22. Sean Whalen (Carl Ferret) 1 (+1)

23. Eileen Davidson (Ashley Abbott) 0 (-1)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't they usually go dark during those hiatuses? Maybe things have changed now, but I seem to remember that they would work extra during the weeks just before the hiatus to get enough episodes in the can that they could shut down production completely during the break and then resume afterwards. Then again, they got a little burned by that practice last year when Susan Flannery extended her time off after the hiatus for health reasons, so they had to rewrite and reshoot parts of episodes they filmed before the break to adjust for Stephanie's sudden absence.

• Members

I'm not sure if it's just her trying to toe the company line and put on a smiling face for the public, but Lesley-Anne has said she likes the fact that Jackie is on the back-burner right now. Still, it would be nice to have TPTB pick up the threads of the seeds they planted when Jackie convinced Nick to fund her buying Spectra, since they dropped that story big time, even though that was all about the fashion that's supposed to be at the core of B&B.

• Members

Now that's interesting, and a little contradictory. Anyone remember the publicized stuff over her quitting, last time her contract was up for renewal, and all that hoo-ha over her dressing room? TPTB wanted to drop LAD to recurring, but she didn't want that. She was pretty vexed over her backburner status, and threatened to walk. TPTB didn't want to lose her, so they promised her a major story, which has yet to materialize. I'll bet these issues will raise their ugly head again, at the end of the year, when her contract is up for renewal (I think January, to be precise). Any supposed happiness regarding her status, is probably for the public eye.

Interestingly, I had heard back in May/June that Jackie, was supposed to get a storyline all of her own, but it seems to have been nixed. :( It would be a shame to loose her, but she's not really here anyway.

• Members

Yeah, I don't buy it either. LAD was furious when they suggested recurring. So furious in fact that she left the meeting with her lawyer and agent, walked into her dressing room and started packing. The 'major story' for Jackie was likely her purchase of Spectra, which is still a good story and could still work and be good for the long term...but it seems Brad isn't all that interested which is just ridiculous. B&B needs a fashion storyline desperately. I really hope LAD stays on.

• Members

Yes, I remember it, which is why I was a bit surprised to read the comments fairly recently where she thanked all her fans for their show of support - I believe there was a petition via her fan club to ask for more Jackie - and assuring them that she was enjoying being on the back-burner at the moment.

Unless she looks at the reality of the current state of B&B and realizes that her threatening to walk won't give her much leverage. When Darlene Conley's health started waning, the Marones kind of became the step-child second family on the show, and they had already lost Mascolo when he decided not to renew his contract when he had no story. So if they lost LAD, it would have been down to just Nick, so maybe TPTB decided to keep her on. But with the Logans reestablished now, Jackie and Nick are pretty much defined by connections to the Forresters and/or the Logans (with more of the latter of late), so the threat of LAD leaving might not be a big concern for TPTB.

The real shame is that B&B could have gotten back to being about fashion by playing up a renewed Forrester/Spectra rivalry with Jackie at the helm, but that was dropped like a hot potato, and it was after they dropped that story that Jackie got relegated to being little more than window dressing.

Archived