August 18-22, 2008

Toups

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What stuff? Being a sleazy Guza clone? Take it from someone who had to suffer with Pratt and Guza on GH: Pratt is as much of a savior as Guza is. In other words, AMC is screwed. ABC Daytime is running on fumes, and the other networks aren't far behind.

• Members

Go John and Marlena, that wednesday episode featuring them was the highest of the week, while it looks like the film noir was the lowest..Glad to see Days in 3rd place in the overall ratings..It probably won't last, but its just nice to see..

• Members

RE: GL Way to go Ellie Wheeler. Let's try for under 2 million next week. It's almost criminal what she has done to this show. I am convinced more than ever that she should have let the show go off the air last year with some dignity rather than become the laughing stock of the tv industry.

• Members

Oh, looks like the Olympic was watched mostly by older fans. DAYS overall ratings are great, 18-38 demo not so bad, but the 18-34 numbers are still the same even with the help of Olympic. I quess this is another reason why Ed was let go, I´m sure NBC wants its young demos back.

• Members

Oh, whatever.

I've watched AMC for 20 years, and I HAVE seen an improvement. I'm not familiar with Pratt, but I've read his story plans and they seem better then what we had under B&E.

Can can hope, can't I?

I stand by what I said, that AMC doesn't deserve to be that low. Under B&E, yes, but not now.

• Members

While I will admit AMC has been better the last week or so, it's still a far cry from being fixed. I'm hoping Pratt will work some magic, but I don't know if the damage McTavish and B&E did is fix-able. The only things IMHO that can fix AMC are to get rid of Annie, Aiden, Ryan and the Carey Hos; make Erica a mature (but kick ass) woman; get Kendall and Zach into their own storyline; bring back Brooke, Dixie, Bianca, Reggie and Skye; destroy Fusion; undo the 'unabortion'; recast Colby (preferably with Amybr Childers); the list could go on, but it's time for me to have another gin and tonic.

• Members

Well his first half week has already been (and I'm shocked) a marked improvement. I really didn't want him at AMC but maybe I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic.

jcar it starte don Wednesday but the whole last week felt very different in tone and pacing so his influence at least started then.

I'm with Pine here--and trust me I still would much reather someone like Broderick had been hire.d But AMC has been my soap since 1991--and so far--so good. Of course it's easy to make an improvement in the first week. Let's see what happens.

BRING BACK BROOKE (it's nice that Brooke has gotten several mentions lately but I feel Pratt may just be doing that old "new HW" ploy of droppigna lot of references to history in their first month back to make audiences think they knwo their show ;)

Seriouslyw hat AMC needs is Frons to stya out of stories, a new EP with a vision and hire someone like Broderick

• Members

GL was great a few weeks ago with the Remy/Ava/Bill storyline - but it didn't last. And that's one of their many, many problems - not being able to sustain a good storyline. Just one reason why they're crashing fast.

I just read that one of their actors has just signed a new three year contract - here's hoping that GL can make it for another three months!

Archived