Welcome Back Genie: Laura's Heart Can Save GH!

• Members

"Genie Francis should have become the heart and soul of the show, much as Viki is at One Life To Live. But when GH went plot-driven and mob-infested, it was not a place where a character of decency and depth could thrive."

This is what author Marilyn Henry (who wrote the famous "The Legend of Luke and Laura" series in Afternoon TV in 1982) says from her heart in "Welcome Back Genie: Laura's Heart Can Save General Hospital" a special appreciation of both the character of Laura Spencer and Genie Francis, posted today to mark's Genie's short return to the show. If you're now a GH fan, if you remember the good old days of L&L , or if you love Genie, you'll love reading this special analysis....

http://www.marlenadelacroix.com

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure even Laura/Genie can get me to sit through GH.....maybe I'll record it & just FF the other crap.

If they would actually honor the history & her character...maybe...M A Y B E ... I would tune back in but think I'll wait here & let you guys tell me if that happens. :rolleyes:

• Members

I personally think there's one thing standing in the way of Genie coming back full-time and that's Anthony Geary. TPTB think that viewers don't want to see Laura for an extended period of time without Luke. So, if they brought Laura back, Geary wouldn't be able to take a vacation every 5 minutes like he does now. :rolleyes:

One could say that Laura might leave with Luke whenever he takes these trips away from Port Charles, but TPTB don't see it that way. They think GH is a male dominated show, if Laura leaves with Luke, that hinders his macho persona. <_<

• Members

thanks for the correction. I havent watched GH in a while, so my time is off but it doesnt matter bc she still did nothing for it. Do you rally think Laura staying long term will change things? That will only give them a better chance to ruin her like they ruin almost every vet that returns to this show. Please, they already did enough. i dont want to see her stick around and be assisinated by them

Archived