Y&R: Eva Marcille Pigford (Tyra) is Actually a Decent Actress!

• Members

Anyone else surprised that Eva Marcille's (Pigford) acting is actually decent? The role of Tyra is a supporting one, but now she's starting to get more screentime. I watched America's Next Top Model and liked Eva, but I thought that her acting on Y&R would be awkward and unnatural.

In this week's episodes, I have seen a marked improvement over her earlier. Her delivery seems natural, and I think that she would be able to play 'good' and 'bad.'

What is the length of her Y&R contract?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really like her. Granted, I haven't seen this ballyhooed crying scene yet. But since the beginning, something about Eva/Tyra really made me pay attention. I don't know whether it was her husky voice or the way she's been playing Tyra ever so slightly ambiguous and secretive. It's more than just the Ana reveal, too. The way she handled Karen wanting her out of the house was quite clever, too, without coming right out and declaring herself a rival -- yet.

And I also like her relationship with Ana. It feels very real and maternal. She's pretty real and matter-of-fact with Ana without seeming cold and uncaring. Usually on soaps, moms (or adoptive moms) are all "Baby! Light of my life! Wuv you more than life itself!" before siccing their kids onto the nanny.

OT: I know this sounds odd but last year on ANTM they had this crazy Russian chick called Natasha. LOL, I floved her. She probably isn't much of an actress but if she were, I would hire her on a soap. Or at least a character like her. :lol:

• Members

Yeah, she nags Ana like Gigi nags Shane on OLTL. I like that too.

Eva's OK. But I really think Y&R did some smart stunt casting more than anything else. It's funny, though, how she's light-years better than CK and CK's experience at Y&R should've improved her skill ten-fold.

Sorry for bashing CK again, guys.

Anyway, a few more months, switching up her environment (I wish they paired her with Cane), and she has a load of potential to be a star on Y&R. Let's give her a steamy affair or pit her against a worthy rival.

Archived