Friday The 13th Remake

JackPeyton

• Members

wukkk6.jpg

Release Date: Feb 13th, 2009

Director: Marcus Nispel (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

Producers: Michael Bay, Andrew Form, Brad Fuller

Screenplay: Damian Shannon & Mark Swift (Freddy vs Jason)

Cast: Derek Mears (The Hills have Eyes 2) as Jason; Nana Visitor (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) as Pamela Voorhees; Richard Burgi (Desprate Housewives) as Sheriff Bracke; Jared Padalecki (Supernatural); Amanda Righetti (The OC); Arlen Escarpeta (American Dreams) as Lawernce; Danielle Panabaker (Shark); Willa Ford (Anna Nicole); Travis Van Winkle (Meet The Spartans); Ryan Hansen (Veronica Mars)

Trailer #1-

Behind The Scenes & Interviews-

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

INTERVIEW W/ Michael Bay-

You recently wrapped production on your update of Friday the 13th, and horror buffs out there are dying to know: what's it going to be about?

It’s a reconception of the original. We’re introducing a whole group of new kids. What we always try to do is add a little bit of freshness to these movies that were really scary back then and update them for a new audience.

So are you following the same plot as the very first Friday the 13th?

It’s a little different. I don’t want to give it away because of the Internet crazies.

There's been rumors that you're going to include plots from all three Friday the 13ths into your remake.

Is that true?

The first two, yeah.

Where did you film the Crystal Lake scenes?

In Austin, where we also shot Texas Chainsaw. Austin gives you a lot of looks.

Is there anything else you are willing to divulge about it?

I haven’t seen the director's cut because he’s still cutting, but I know this one will really be scary; it’s also funny, as well. It’s a fun college adventure that goes awry. It’s not a movie I would ever show my mom! (Laughs) We don’t make these for our mothers; we make these for the fans out there.

Speaking of those fans, what do you say to people who are worried that an update of Friday the 13th will ruin the original?

There are always haters out there, and you can’t get rid of that. We try to be faithful, and we’re fans ourselves. It’s like when I did Transformers — I listened to the fans, you know, but you still have to make your own movie by respecting what was done and trying to give it a whole new twist.

How have you given it a new twist?

You’re just not going to believe the first 12 minutes! It’s a twist in itself

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Funny thing about the Jason remake - my friend worked on it. In the art department. So I got a sneak peek at the script a few months ago. Surprisingly? I thought it was a fun script. VERY old-school Jason. Now what the film looks like is another story altogether. But surprisingly, I didn't hate it when I read it. Go figure. I still think Jason's easier to remake than Freddy. Jason's just tits, ass and gore. Freddy goes someplace much darker and much more elaborate. The concept of not sleeping or you die is terrifying on a whole different level.

My only hope for the Freddy remake is that somebody stays up for days on meth so they don't die (LOL!), not realizing that when it runs out and they crash, they'll have no choice but to sleep for, like, DAYS. And there's no escape and no waking up from that. That's about the only change in the world since the early 80's that makes sense to update in the new one. And PLEASE don't make Freddy a comedian. That came in the sequels, and it ruined everything. Freddy should laugh. Nothing more.

• Members

ha... so one time a long long time ago (umm.. like 5 months ago) i wrote a freddy fic (because yes im that big of a fan) and thats exactly what happened. The main guy was terrafied to go to sleep and nothing was keeping him awake so he turned to meth. however a few days he crashed, passedout, and couldnt wake up. however freddy wouldint kill him. oinstead he watched his friends and even sister be murderd in thier dreams because freddy would pull him in.

anyways... back to jason...

i do agree it much easier to remake then freddy. im excited. that clip of jason running after that girl was amazing.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Guess I missed this thread when it was made.

Lol at the bootlegger getting the preview. And I've never been in a theatre that cheered so loud for.....a remake. I had high hopes for the Halloween one (I guess mainly because of Malcom McD) but that was a dud. Have also heard of a Hellraiser remake, but I don't think it's gotten any traction yet. That was one weird series.

Anyway, I'd be pleasantly surprised if this is very good. I'm sure it'll bring in the money at least for the first week or two just from the die-hard fans. New horror movies, and remakes just feel so cheap to me. And I know that's odd, considering the originals were very cheap to make. And random time for it to come out. The day before Valentine's day, lol.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

So this opens in less than a month. I haven't seen any promos for it yet on TV. I'd think they'd want to play it up pretty big since the series has such a long history. (Although I guess that didn't help the business or the quality of Halloween's remake.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

At another board I said it was ok. That was being generous.

It was quite bad after the first 20 mintes. That is very good, but then they trotted out every single plot point you have seen in every other FT13th film. Sex, tits & ass, drugs, stupidity. I don't pay 10 bucks to see naked women. I can see that for free by booting up my computer. And some of the [!@#$%^&*] in there is just.........some of you may shake your heads.

Watch the first 20 minutes then leave. You've seen it all before.

Archived