Y&R: Week of August 18, 2008

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I wanted to add too -- MG was much better than I thought. It's a thankless job, trying to play a role like that (on a soap opera nonetheless!). And he came dangerously close to getting cartoonish. But he somehow pulled it off, and made it believable. I'm interested to see how this character fleshes out as time goes on. I hope the whole thing isn't played for laughs.

• Members

The fact that Gross joined only makes me realize that my thought about backburning Gloria and Jeffrey won't come true. With the Jabot takeover and River's presence, I'm guessing we'll get even more Gloria.

• Members

If it's the same Gloria from the last few days, I'm all right with that. I've always said, I have NO problems with Glo, just with the way she usurped the show. (Which isn't Chapman's fault, by any means) But I feel like they've been playing her EXACTLY how they should be playing her lately.

Of course, I'm ignoring the whole "paying for the cream" issue, just because I'm convinced they'll only pull out that card when Chapman decides to quit. Becuase (Frankly) I'm sick of always complaining about that plot point. LOL!

• Members

Well, Chapman's talent was never in question. She a great actress and a good addition. I just hope the storyline will be good and it won't need 20/20 appearances a month. A good balance means everything.

• Members

I still wish they'd bring the skin cream killer thing to a climax, even if Gloria gets off. I'd would like that dangling plot to be resolved, you know?

It's also a huge reason why some fans will never like or forgive Gloria. It's also what led, intentionally or not, to the destruction of the Abbott family.

Gloria's gotten away with TOO MUCH to not pay for her crimes, talk about treating your audience like idiots...

• Members

Well, the writers want us to believe that she has been suffering. But she hasn't. A month of whining about losing her money (to Jeff and the charity) did nothing, and it eventually brought her back to where she was at the beginning of the story. Now she's on a revenge hunt against Jill. But I'm glad Jeff still has the cream.

• Members

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

In a perfect world the storyline would go similar to this...... Glo/Jeff/Jack manage to takeover Jabot and Jill ends up looking like a fool... but then Jill somehow finds out about the cream scandal and turns the tables on Gloria...

But even that storyline includes A LOT of Gloria.

Archived