Y&R: Could a Traci Abbott recast be done?

• Members

It seems Beth Maitland doesn't want to return full time, so how about a recast? Traci hasn't been a regular character since the 90s, so I think it could be done successfully. Any ideas on who could play her?

ETA - One of the main complaints about the Colleen recast is that TS looks nothing like her on-screen mother. So how about casting an actress who looks more like TS to play Traci? ;)

ETAA - Disregard that last part.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Clearly you misinterpreted my post. I was asking if, hypothetically, a Traci recast COULD be done if BM doesn't want to come back. I was not suggesting they recast her simply to look like TS. That would be stupid and unneccessary. The second part was just a side note, and I wouldn't have said it had I known that it would trigger another TS bash-fest.

• Members

No, why the hell would the recast an actress who has almost 30 years of history with the show and character for the character's daughter who has hardly been there and they refuse to use? Beth Maitland IS Traci Abbott, and so far she's the only Abbott sibling that hasn't be recast, and it should stay that way.

Beth Maitland has a very special place in Y&R history, she's the show's first Emmy winner for acting, I don't think they'd even want to replace her.

And I'm sure Beth Maitland would return full-time if asked, or if they needed her. Traci is a stark contrast to Jack and Ashley, she's always been the "nice and sweet" one, while the other two, not so much.

• Members

No one said it should be done just for TS. The question was could it be done at all, should it be done, then if it is done maybe she should look like TS. Personally, I already think TS could pass for BM daughter, one without a weight problem. Is that good or realistic? Maybe not, but Y&R made the decision to go in that direction (unfortunately, imo)

I do think that either Beth should be asked back or a recast should happen. Tracy is needed on the show. We need all the Abbot's we can get after the way LML decimated their ranks. She nearly destroyed them as baddly as Guza has destroyed the Quartermaines. :angry: Tracy has been gone far too long as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

Does she not want to come back full-time? She's come back when asked, including for scenes during the LML era, and she even made a one day appearance on B&B when Ashley first came over to provide some continuity for her sister there. And she's left the show before and returned as well, so she might easily come back again, either full-time or for an extended stay, if asked by TPTB.

Personally, I'd want to see more of Traci, especially since the new Billy made a comment about Y&R "rebuilding the Abbotts" by recasting Billy. But I'd rather see Beth, whether it be full-time or for frequent recurring stints, in the role she's owned since 1982 than see the role unnecessarily recast.

• Members

Why do they need Traci back on the canvas? I like Beth and enjoyed her stories in the past but how would she fit on the canvas today? I think Ashley is more needed because of her business experience at Jabot and I am not even a huge Ashley fan. I wouldn't mind Traci back if so they had hooked up Colleen with Lauren's son Scotty to revive a bit of their great rivalry but since Scotty is off canvas and Colleen should be then what would she do? She is an author and not a part of Jabot. I like her visiting once in awhile but not as a regular.

Archived