Y&R: Could a Traci Abbott recast be done?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Anna Lee (Lila Quartermaine of GH) died and her funeral episodes were created flashbacks featuring all the Edwards were used and it was a very smart move on JFP's behalf. Those episodes were beautiful and only so because they featured Anna's full run on GH. I believe 3 different Edwards were featured.

Back to topic: why recast Traci? Beth Maitland is a fine actress who looks the part. She IS Traci. Any lack of Traci Abbott is down to the writers not wanting to write for her.

• Members

That's not the ONLY reason and I will not go into specifics as to why I don't care for Tammin's portrayal of Colleen. BTW, Colleen (the character that TS is portraying) IS American NOT Australian! Enough said.

I would love for Y&R to do some flashbacks with Lyndsy Fonseca and Adrianne Leon as Colleen especially if Tammin were to get a storyline that she could 'sink her teeth into'! I would love to see the comparison! :o

• Members

Oh, I think Traci should definitely come back! Now that John is gone, she could be the heart and soul of the Abbott family. She is so kind and good. And Beth Maitland is great at playing her. I do think the role could be recast, but I don't see why. I think Beth would come back if they asked her.

BUT if for some reason there really HAD TO BE a recast, someone here suggested Judi Evans. I think she could totally pull it off.. but I do think Judi could be a little too young for the role...

• Members

I meant hypothetically, if BM couldn't or didn't want to return.

I have my suspicions that

Daniel Goddard plays an Australian character, but his voice is a mixture of Australian, American and mumbling.

Tonya Lee Williams plays an American character but has a Canadian accent.

Eric Braeden's German accent has never been explained on-screen.

If Tammin were to get such a storyline, she would trump both of her predecessors. Her character on Home and Away was raped, stalked, wrongfully jailed and held hostage, and Tammin pulled it off seamlessly (and there are several posters here who have seen her work on H&A and will concur).

• Members

All those char's also didnt wake up one day and sound like theyg rew up in another place. and none of them are anywhere near as bad. and, isnt Victor German?

I do agree that she was steller on H&A. she is actually what got me addicted to it. However, she just does not work in the role of colleen carlton. plain and simple. various great actors have been in roels where it just didnt work. talent isnt all that matters, esp on a soap opera.

Archived