OLTL Paternity Theory

• Members

I have been thinking about how the whole Rex paternity drama has been played and something just occured to me. Roxy isn't the most reliable person when it comes to honesty about her children or the children she raised (Natalie for example). Then I realize a lot of the clues she was giving off during the hunt for Spencer's long lost son when she would look at Rex and then stare into the camera and say you sure are going to be surprised. Then it him the, that undeniable, stunning, striking resemblence. i mean am I the only one that see's how totally identical these two are. I propose that Rex is Vicki's child, more specifically, Jessica's fraternal twin. I never bought that Natalie was a Buchanan let alone one of Vicki's kids. Rex and Jessica are damn near mirror images of looks, spunk and spirit. I believe he is the real twin and somehow Roxy managed to get other people's babies and raise them as her own.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I HATE the idea of making Rex, Viki's kid. He is supposed to be Natalie's YOUNGER brother. When he was first introduced, she was about 20 and he was 17/18 fresh out of high school. They are not the same age and I really dont want to see anymore rewrites here

• Members

Rex is younger than Jess/Nat so I don't see how Rex could be Jessica's twin :lol: I also don't see Rex and Jessica being anything alike. I never saw Jessica as "spunky."

I wouldn't mind if Rex was Victor Lord's son making him Todd's half-brother.

• Members

Tess is spunky, but she's the product of a fractured psyche! They keep denying that Jessica can be part Tess because that would mean she could remain pure as the driven snow.

I like Rex as a Lord but not as Viki's son. Perhaps Tina? Offscreen.

• Members

Trust me you don't want me to answer that question :lol:

But your original post specifically said "Jessica" and Rex were alike in spirit and spunk. I don't see Jessica as high-spirited or spunky. Tess is a whole issue altogether and I am counting the days for when she's finally exorcised.

• Members

Irene Manning was dead by the time Tina arrived in Llanview as a teenager in the late 70s. To make Rex, her son, would be worse than making him Viki's kid.

IA. How ironic would it be if Roxy's lie ended up being the truth. They both were heavy drinkers back in the day and I can see them having a ONS and not recognizing each other. It would work out perfectly and the dynamics are already set in place for all characters. I love your idea and was hoping thats what would happen

• Members

Rex needn't be a Lord... Tony, Tina, Todd, Megan, Natalie, I think we've had enough of that. Tying "satellite" characters to the Lord/Buchanan family to ensure their longevity is lazy writing imo, but I can accept all of the previous times they've done this minus Natalie. At least Todd had the good fortune coming into the show with that last name Manning, it made things ineresting, even a little intriguing and there was a nice denoument with the whole David Vickers (remember THAT David Vickers!?)/Tina/Todd thing.

Why not beef up the little family Roxie and Rex already have? Even one more cousin would give half the town someone new to date. They are wearing those Vega boys out, and Natalie and Jared can take a long walk off of a short Llantano Mountain cliff as far as I'm concerned.

I was beginning to wonder if BoRex would indeed go to Vietnam and have some sort of fling with an American prostitute, i.e. Roxie. Rex would have to make it with his own mother (played by one of the younger actresses of course) if he wanted to exist. But then I remembered, a. that would make him about 10 years older, and b. yeah, this is OLTL, but it still isn't Passions.

• Members

Why couldn't Roxy have been pregnant by Victor Lord at the time of Victor's death (the 70s "death", not the 2003 death)? She must have been young enough for Victor to find her attractive, and this Mitch/Victor connection has been alive for decades, so if Roxy knew Mitch and Allison and was in the loop at the time of Viki giving birth to Jessica/Natalie, I could buy that Roxy has been connected back to Victor Lord.

I tend to agree that making "Satellite" characters a sudden Lord could be lazy writing, but these kind of secrets reinvigorate and ensure longevity of a core family that would just end up dying out if no alterations were made to the family tree. If we never got Tina, Todd, etc, then the Lord name would die with Viki, and Meredith sure didn't do much to add to the family before she died. And there was always belief that Meredith wasn't even a Lord!

So I vote that Rex is the product of Roxy/Victor Lord. The other alternative for me was Roxy/Carlo Hesser, but that still keeps Rex in the periphery of the canvas, whereas being a Lord would set him in the center of OLTL. It doesn't require Victor to come back for the reveal to matter (unlike the Mitch Laurence as Rex's Dad alternative, since Victor Lord's reputation is more powerful than a living Victor could ever be). And Rex would still be a relation to most of the people he considers family, and some new ones!

Siblings: Viki, Tony, Tina, Todd

Nephews: Kevin, Joey (Rex's former rival for Jen's love), CJ Roberts, Jack Cramer Manning, Sam Manning, Danny Wolek, Brian Kendall

Nieces: Jessica, Natalie, Sarah, Starr

I love it!

Archived