OLTL Paternity Theory

• Members

But Victor died before KEVIN was born, Kevin was born on Victor's birthday as a matter of fact. So we're talking frozen sperm here in the case of Rex. Unless of course that 2003 Victor really was Victor and he was still around screwing young girls with his bad syphilitic heart. Oh, it's such a mess... but I say Mitch is the better choice of daddy.

People have cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews... if you want to reinvigorate a family, introduce some of those people, e.g. Powell Lord. Why make all of the unrelated people in town related? Erica Kane for the longest had one relation on the show, her mother Mona. She eventually got a half brother, a fake half sister, and then a real half sister. The show had been on for almost 20 years by the time she had a kid and was reunited with her dad. Explore Rex and Gigi and their son and whoever the hell turns out to be Rex's dad, but one more sibling for Viki is probably the least creative option imo.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I was thinking that on Friday and thought that would actualy be a cool twist. Here they'd think they were f'ing up the future, but in fact Bo really was David's dad, but there is no way in heck anyone is going to buy that Bob Woods is old enough to be Tuc Watkins' dad.

• Members

I would easily buy that. BW looks to be about 65 and TW looks to be in his late 30's early 40's to me. It's a lot easier for me to buy than Cady M playing JJY's mother or LAD playing Jack Wagner's, that's for sure. I have no idea if that's what's going to happen, but I think the story would have a lot more payoff if it did. I'd love to see Bo getting used to the idea that David is his and he has Rex to blame for it. :lol:

• Members

If people are so insistant on making Rex a Lord, which I dont want to see happen, the best way to do so without screwing up history and making a mess out of the ages is to make him Tony Lord's son. He was Viki's brother who died in the early 80s. I was looking up his bio a few days ago and he died off screen in a plane crash but his body was never recovered. They could set up the story by having Roxy visit Llanfair one day and see his picture and recognize him, which would set up the story for her and Viki to go searching for him. Roxy would be motivated by redeeming herself in Rex' eyes and Viki, obviously to find her lost amnesiac brother

OR they could make him Powell Lord's little brother. Bring back that psycho rapist and play up the history between him and Todd. Todd and Rex already have animosity since Rex double crossed him and kept him with his son. Having them related and for Rex to be the brother of an enemy from his past would set up quite a bit of drama.

Personally, I think these 2 scenarios seem much more plausible than giving Viki yet another kid she didnt know about, rewriting history and giving Tina a child we never saw her have, or reopening that clusterf-ck which was Victor Lord which the show has already messed with too much

• Members

I like the idea of Tony Lord being Rex's father. But may fave is to have Bo end up being Rex's father.

Roxy is always saying the truth is worst than not knowing. I've thought that Mitch Laurance may be Rex's father. This would make Jess & Rex half-siblings and Miles Rex's uncle.

• Members

It would be easy enough to reveal that Roxy was part of the entertainment package at Badderly Island and Rex is the result of a one night stand with Johnny Dee, thus making him Carlo Hesser's grandson. Had Rex been a Lord or Buchanan, Roxy would have been shouting it from the rooftops in order to get her hands on some money. He has to be the product of a Laurence/Hesser type criminal, whose true identity would have scared her into silence.

Archived