GH: Nightshift Ratings

• Members

I haven't seen this posted here yet. Apologies if it already has been posted. Found this info on mediaweek.

-General Hospital: Night Shift Scores on SOAPnet:

Two episodes to-date, season two of SOAPnet’s General Hospital: Night Shift is averaging a healthy 466,000 total viewers, with 170,000 key women 18-49. Comparably, this is an increase of a significant 81 percent in households and 68 percent among adults 18-49 over the prior four-week time period average.

My comments: Even though ratings are much higher than previous timeslot competitors, didn't last season's 1st episode get something like 1.1 million viewers? And didn't the whole 1st season of Nightshift average something like 800,000 viewers? Isn't Nighshift in Days Tuesday timeslot? If so, from the info above we can figure out what kind of ratings Days usually gets there since it is always so hard to get Soapnet ratings info.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days does AWFUL on soapnet. thats why it always gets the shaft. and to be honest that doesnt bother me because as a network if you have a show that fails and have an idea that will do better .. well id do it too. thats why SNM is actually a hit for soapnet.

• Members

I wanna kiss you for these numbers! They are so hard to get.

Can anyone find last season's Night Shift numbers hard-and-fast? I'd like to know how it compares for sure.

What this says is that Days is getting fewer than 260,000 viewers total, and just over 100,000 in the demographic!

No wonder it keeps getting pre-empted.

What kind of numbers does Y&R get?? Or the AMC lineup in primetime?

Errol, does this mean the Soapnet "Star Network" thing is not going well? I'll hope they are not trying to stiff you on promised ad revenues!

• Members

Not to mention, NS1 was a novelty and Guza burned through half of them and drove the series into the ground. The new writers had an uphill battle to win back viewers who turned NS off in disgust last year.

Archived