GHNS: Discussion Thread

• Members

I am not finding a single thing to hate. The show is NOT hyper-subtle. It is a bit rushed, by soap standards, because of the dual demands of (a) one hour a week, plus (B) a slightly episodic format (this week: Skinheads!). Once you forgive those constraints....

AMAZING

Robert-Anna-Robin...so cleverly written. Rather than schmalz, it was laced with humor and recollections....affection despite a lot of hurting. Anna "was addicted to weddings", said Robert..."Actually, to the honeymoon" said Anna. Such a terrifiic, brief evocation of their history.

I actually liked the Skinhead story, for what it was worth. What other show--daytime or nighttime--is showing social issues these days?? It brought some nice emotional performances, especially from Sonya Eddy.

I found myself deeply moved by Kyle...Chad Allen did such a fine job of playing the supporting role with a comforting smile...and sad eyes that were clearly aching for Kyle's feeling of not having a place of value in the world. It wa a classic soap scene of emotional support...one that is utterly missing from most soaps these days.

Even the entanglement of Drs. Batra, Leo Julian, and Kyle's skanky roommate have me intrigued...

This show is definitely worth a weekly visit, IMO.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

How great were those scenes! I've never seen Robert/Anna in their heyday but I felt the real connection between them. Just like the other characters on NS that are also on GH, Anna is so much better on NS.

Epiphany was great in this episode, standing up to the racist. Sonya Eddy shines on NS.

The scenes where Kyle breaks down was really good. I like it that they're taking it slow with these two.

Saira knows :o .....nice cliffhanger!

Next week's episode looks like another good one!

• Members

So i got all caught up and wow, This show is amazing.

Where to begin? Claire & the guy that died (Ryan?) were so cute. It was sos ad when he died, Even if it was very Grey's of them, it worked. I also like how that led Claire to be all wounded and that landed her in bed with Leo who then started sating Sira (sp?).

Kyle & Eric are amazing. Kyle is amazing in himself actually, and Adam Grimes really brings him to life. One of those few new age soap actors who seems to lose himself in the role and really brings the char to life. I loved Leo & Kyle's mother coming for a visit and how at the end Kyle & leo told her how they feel. It also showed the more they think they are not alike, the more they actually are. Kyle breakingdown to Eric about his mother was nice.

That kiss between Jagger & Sira was amazing.

And that moment, in the hotel room, where after Robin brokedown she looked at Jagger, and he looked at her, and it seemed innocent and like nothing until it started to last a little bit too long. That was soap opera greatness. What made it even better was that they DIDNT go there, but the thought was there. The moment they had. And the next episode it wasnt like it never happened.

I FF by Robert & Anna because the truth is i just dont care about them.

• Members

Aww. I thought the Robert & Anna scenes were good. Even though I never really liked them as a couple (preferred Robert & Holly, and I only began to like Anna when she was with Duke!).

But Adam Grimes was AWESOME when Kyle broke down in front of Eric. I know people love Nuke and regard them as they signature gay couple on soaps, but I find them forced and shouty compared with Kyle and Eric, whose relationship feels real and naturally evolving and flirty. The way Eric yearns for a kiss from Kyle...

I expected the skinhead story to be one big plot-point PSA but I was surprised at how riled up I got when one of the skins called Leo a terrorist and told Patrick that he would be the first to be lynched. Sonya Eddy really did some great work in this episode. Epiphany is one of my favorites now, thanks to NS2.

When NS isn't on, I sort of forget why I watch it. Then I start to watch my tape and not 60 seconds in, I remember why. The show actually likes me as a viewer. It gives me stories and characters without beating me over the head over who I should like and who I shouldn't. Sri Rao has really crafted a surprisingly great season of story arcs. I hope we get to see Kathleen Noone again, for a start.

• Members

I just donmt care about robert or anna enough to get into them as a couple.

Srsly, Kyle & Eric own Luke & Noah so much.

And i also agree about the skinhead thing. i seen it and was all oh no, i hate PSA's! But it worked well. Esp with the diverse cast NS has with Sira, Jagger, Ep, Billy D Williams, Leo, etc...

Well Night Shift 3 seems to be a go. Thois post on another board sums up some kind of fan event. I guess SN asked for 5 more episodes but they could only do 1 as everything was planned out and written from the start, at Sri will be doing the show. So thats good.

• Members

This week's episode was very well done. I adore Anna on Night Shift, the way Guza writes her on GH is pure character assassination. Anna feels more like Anna on Night Shift. Finola rocked this week's episode, she was very understated, raw, and emotional at the same time.

I don't know why Finola bothers guesting on GH with the s-hit Guza dishes out for her to play. <_<

• Members

what an amazing episode. I loved the fallout from the racist guy leaving the hospital. Him ending up dead and Patrick getting blamed by the board and also blaming himself. "I dont even feel like a dr anymore. I dont even remember the last patient i treated" i really felt for him when he said that. His scenes with Robin are such a nice change from oggh, i like they actually move forward as a couple, and dont have the same argument. and way to go on making KMC look like she just rolled out of bed in those scenes. It does add something to the scene instead of her in fullhair and makeup like soaps always do.

I totally havbe fallen for Sira & Leo. The actors really go go well together and i love all the drama with them. Him actually falling for her and screwing it up. Also, the fact that Robin & Sira go back to college adds an intersting layer as it creates more of a conflict between her and Leo. That was also a nice twist in the relationship that the pt he was treating and she took almost died. Sira does seem to have a natural meds are always better and should be tried first tude and this shows that thats not right. Love that she admitted her part in it.

MONICA! OMG! I think she had more screentime in one scene of NS than she did on all of GH this year.

I love that they are still telling story out of Ryan's death and how Claire is dealing with it. Loved the Kyle & Claire scene. I love that friendship and hate that they are not getting along but i like it. As someone who has a brother who sleeps with all my friends, it creates tension.

Kyle & Eric :wub: .. and awwww perfect moment talk. i love perfect moments. i have one every time i drive down pacific coast highway at 2am with the windows down and the radio up .. anyways, abck to ns... what a kiss! damn, i didnt expect all that. Luke & noah eat your hearts out!

Adn damn, a hate crime auit against patrick? thats a compelling amazing storyline no daytime soap would dare tell.

Next weeks part 1 of the season finale looks awesome.

• Members

NS has done one thing that GH hasn't been able to...they actually made me feel for Scrubs. I can't stand them on GH. But when Patrick was talking about being better than his father, I actually felt for the character. It was the first time that I thought JT had a bit of acting ability.

Anna and Robert though were the best of the night though. I never saw them in their heyday, but in the moments of last and this week, you could see why they are popular. I think also it might hit home for me a bit more in watching a family member basically dying in front of you and giving up the fight to live. That happened this summer with my family with my grandmother, so this story hits close to home. Done very well and respectful hitting all of the different sides of it.

Kyle and Eric again, not being forced and you actually see how these two have feelings for each other. Very well done.

There is heart and soul on this show that is missing on General Mob. I am actually looking forward to a new season. Last season I stopped watching after two episodes, but this year I am looking forward to it each week.

• Members

LMAO! That was brilliant.

Last night's episode was great. The Robert/Anna scenes were heartbreaking, and the Patrick/Robin scenes were wonderful. I love Patrick when he's being an adult (unlike realGH). And the Kyle/Eric kiss... HOT! You won't see that on As the World Turns...

• Members

I loved it. Seriously, can we just get rid of GH and keep this around?

I agree with Cubs, this is the first time I've really actually cared for Scrubs. And at the same point I don't care for them at all on GH, I like them on NS. They work for me there.

I love Sira SOO much. I like the connection to Robin, because it's an actual grown up friend for Robin, not some lame characters forced on Robin in attempts for humor or something. I buy them as friends more than any of that GH doing shots club.

The writing for the vets and everyone in NS2 has been better than GH. They've also really made Kyle and Eric work.

Archived